Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA AU question

tag
slg
New Contributor

BOA AU question

My husband just added me as an AU on his BOA signature rewards platinuum. He has been a member of BOA and had the card since 96. My question is  with being added as an AU do i get all of his perfect payment history since 96 or is it going to show as a new account for me? Anyone know exactly how it will report?

BCE 12800, bofa travel rewards 8k, Barclays apple 6200, Macy's 2000, Macy's Amex 3200, merrick bank 300 , Victoria secret 1350, jcrew 1350
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BOA AU question

@slg wrote:

My husband just added me as an AU on his BOA signature rewards platinuum. He has been a member of BOA and had the card since 96. My question is  with being added as an AU do i get all of his perfect payment history since 96 or is it going to show as a new account for me? Anyone know exactly how it will report?

Hi there. You will inherit the entire history of this account starting from 1996.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 9
slg
New Contributor

thats the best news ive heard all day!

now if for some reason he took me off would the trade line stay and show as closed by  consumer or would it disappear completly?

BCE 12800, bofa travel rewards 8k, Barclays apple 6200, Macy's 2000, Macy's Amex 3200, merrick bank 300 , Victoria secret 1350, jcrew 1350
Message 3 of 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@slg wrote:

thats the best news ive heard all day!

now if for some reason he took me off would the trade line stay and show as closed by  consumer or would it disappear completly?

If you are removed the entire history would vanish just as quickly as it appeared. It would be as if it was never on your report at all.

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will inherit the complete history.

I'm an AU on my mom's Target Visa. I'm 20 but it shows my oldest account as 14 years. 

Additionally, if something goes awry, you can dispute with the bureaus to remove it from your CR.

Message 5 of 9
slg
New Contributor

is the removal of the tradeline standard with BOA AU reporting procedures? i had an amex blue that continued to report positive for 5 years after the au account was closed but the original one remained open. its still on my credit reports and it shows as closed by consumer in 2008 when the original cardholder finally closed it out

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@slg wrote:

is the removal of the tradeline standard with BOA AU reporting procedures? i had an amex blue that continued to report positive for 5 years after the au account was closed but the original one remained open. its still on my credit reports and it shows as closed by consumer in 2008 when the original cardholder finally closed it out

I am not sure how being an AU comes into play, but closed credit cards usually disappear from your CR in 7 years 

Message 7 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@slg wrote:

I am not sure how being an AU comes into play, but closed credit cards usually disappear from your CR in 7 years

10 years, not 7 after closing. Smiley Happy

Negatives should no longer be reported after 7 years (7 1/2 for some), after which the account keeps reporting until 10 years after it was closed.

Alas, they sometimes fall off sooner, especially on Equifax, and there's not a whole lot you can do about it. But 10 years is the norm.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@slg wrote:

I can't speak on the Amex issue. They seem to walk to a different drummer. But from what I have gathered here for most cards once you are removed as an AU you lose that reporting and history pretty fast. Which is a good thing if you are being removed because the account has gone south and is also hurting your credit.

From a BK years ago to:

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.