Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA - American University Card approved

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

BOA - American University Card approved

We came to know the out come of my 18 year old daughters application for BOA - American University Card. It is approved for $700 Credit limit. Now she can show off the card to her class mates at school. Not bad for a 18 year old having 780+ fico scores and 4 major cards. She should be all set for the rest of her life.

I am sure these cards will grow with her.

Amex Zync $250 CL

BOA - American $700 CL

Discover Student $1k CL

Citi Forward $4k CL.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BOA - American University Card approved

@Red1Blue wrote:

We came to know the out come of my 18 year old daughters application for BOA - American University Card. It is approved for $700 Credit limit. Now she can show off the card to her class mates at school. Not bad for a 18 year old having 780+ fico scores and 4 major cards. She should be all set for the rest of her life.

Amex Zync $250 CL

BOA - American $700 CL

Discover Student $1k CL

Citi Forward $4k CL.

Oh, that is SOOOOO on my prime card wish list... only mine would be a BOA UCF Alumni card! I keep telling myself to garden, and eventually I'll get there!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 2 of 7
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

Amex Zync $250 CL

BOA - American $700 CL

Discover Student $1k CL

Citi Forward $4k CL.

I am sure you're posting here to garner praise for your overzealous planning. However, I personally think that there is something wrong with an 18 year old showing off her credit cards to her classmates.

It's good for her to have a great start to credit. It seems though that at this point she has done little to obtain that. It has been arranged for her. When credit is used as a decorative feature to embellish one's personality, it has nothing to do anymore with the original purpose. That is, of course, just my personal opinion.

Message 3 of 7
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@wollepopolle wrote:

@Red1Blue wrote:

Amex Zync $250 CL

BOA - American $700 CL

Discover Student $1k CL

Citi Forward $4k CL.

I am sure you're posting here to garner praise for your overzealous planning. However, I personally think that there is something wrong with an 18 year old showing off her credit cards to her classmates.

It's good for her to have a great start to credit. It seems though that at this point she has done little to obtain that. It has been arranged for her. When credit is used as a decorative feature to embellish one's personality, it has nothing to do anymore with the original purpose. That is, of course, just my personal opinion.

I'd venture a guess she's going to American and that he was just referring to her having an AU card, just like she'll probably show off her Eagle pride by wearing AU sweatshirts, caps, etc.   

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

@wollepopolle wrote:

@Red1Blue wrote:

Amex Zync $250 CL

BOA - American $700 CL

Discover Student $1k CL

Citi Forward $4k CL.

I'd venture a guess she's going to American and that he was just referring to her having an AU card, just like she'll probably show off her Eagle pride by wearing AU sweatshirts, caps, etc.   

You are absolutely right. She can take pride in the card that represents her school and also I beleive part of the proceeds from card usage goto American University. I have sweat shirts with logo " American University Dad" and my wife has one with logo "American University Mom". I am so proud of her.

Message 5 of 7
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Congrats.  American's a good school.  I have friends that went to both the undergrad and the law school.  This college talk is reminding me that I need to get a 529 started.  We just had a little boy, but I'm sure we'll be sending him off to school before we know what happened. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

Congrats.  American's a good school.  I have friends that went to both the undergrad and the law school.  This college talk is reminding me that I need to get a 529 started.  We just had a little boy, but I'm sure we'll be sending him off to school before we know what happened. 

Yep. Start 529 as soon as possible. They grow up so fast. It was almost like yesterday I was holding my daughter in my hands in hospital rightbafter she was born, now she is a college student.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.