Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Balance Transfer and 0% Purchase Period

tag
FICOEmpire
Regular Contributor

BOA Balance Transfer and 0% Purchase Period

I was approved for the BOA Platinum Mastercard recently. It has both the 0% bt apr for 18 months and 0% for purchases. If I bt to this card can I still make new purchases while under the promo period without incurring interest for those purchases? I think I can based on what I've read but wanted confirmation before I bt. Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA Balance Transfer and 0% Purchase Period

@FICOEmpirewrote:

I was approved for the BOA Platinum Mastercard recently. It has both the 0% bt apr for 18 months and 0% for purchases. If I bt to this card can I still make new purchases while under the promo period without incurring interest for those purchases? I think I can based on what I've read but wanted confirmation before I bt. Thanks.

Correct, but read the fine print to see when both promo APR's expire. Sometimes they expire at different times, leading people to put off paying their purchases down, thinking they are still under a 0% promo. 

My Discover It has a 0% APR on purchases and BT's, but the purchase APR expires in March, while the BT APR expires in May. My mom told me that despite her Discover card having a 0% APR for 6 more months, she was recently charged interest on a regular purchase. I looked at her statement and saw that the purchase APR was only good for 12 months, while the BT APR was 18 months. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.