Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA CLI Cash Rewards

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BOA CLI Cash Rewards

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all, first time poster LONNNGGG time reader.

I was recently offered a Chase Sapphire Prefered with a SL of $8000 and have not accepted due to still wanting to garden a bit more, not sure that the travel points are the best for me at this time. The reason I even mention that offer is because obviously someone sees my worthiness. I really want to focus on growing both BOA and Discover and neither will move so I will actually love to take any input on either of these.

CSP is not just a travel card, you can redeem for cash and gift cards at 1c = 1 point. Redeeming it for travel increases the real value of it. I got this card a few years ago even though I knew I would never travel but the 500 bucks cold hard cash for the SUB was sweet.

Message 11 of 14
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Get CSP, grab the SUB, PC to one of the freedoms after a year if you dont feel like you'll get any future value out of it 

There are about 500 reasons to do it 

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was recently offered a Chase Sapphire Prefered with a SL of $8000 and have not accepted due to still wanting to garden a bit more, not sure that the travel points are the best for me at this time. The reason I even mention that offer is because obviously someone sees my worthiness. I really want to focus on growing both BOA and Discover and neither will move so I will actually love to take any input on either of these.

CSP is not just a travel card, you can redeem for cash and gift cards at 1c = 1 point. Redeeming it for travel increases the real value of it. I got this card a few years ago even though I knew I would never travel but the 500 bucks cold hard cash for the SUB was sweet.

So i'm assuming you still have the card? What was your CL? I'm afraid that I might get the $5000 approval (which is the minimum) once they run my HPs. Im still trying to garden but i also want to close this stupid creditone card Im not using but pay $8 per month for. I'd like to replace this with something like the CSP ... However, i'm worried that if i get the minimum approval from chase it won't grow.. or take forever to do so!

Message 13 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So i'm assuming you still have the card? What was your CL? I'm afraid that I might get the $5000 approval (which is the minimum) once they run my HPs. Im still trying to garden but i also want to close this stupid creditone card Im not using but pay $8 per month for. I'd like to replace this with something like the CSP ... However, i'm worried that if i get the minimum approval from chase it won't grow.. or take forever to do so!

No, I PCed it to the regular freedom when the AF became due. 7.6K CL and Chase has 25K+ of COs on me from early 2000s most from banks that they have bought over the years. I dont ever get an auto approval no one who has COs with them previously ever does. Once you are in with them its a lot easier to grab some more of their cards. The AARP card was first with 6K SL then 2 years later the CSP.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.