Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA CLI Pull from ?

tag
alshannan
Established Member

BOA CLI Pull from ?

Hi guys,

I would like to hit cli for my BOA credit card. The last time I asked for cli was more than two years ago. The limit now on the card is 2k, and I will ask for 25k so they can give me the maximum limit. It's a soft pull, but I don't know where they are pulling from.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: BOA CLI Pull from ?

When they were still doing HPs, it was from TU unless you had recently applied for a new product in the past 30 days in which case they would reuse the EX pull.

Message 2 of 12
alshannan
Established Member

Thanks @K-in-Boston 

Great, because I was worried about Equifax, but if they don't use it, cool. Requesting a max of 25k still on the play, right? Any other tips before asking for the CLI!

Message 3 of 12
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@alshannan wrote:

Thanks @K-in-Boston 

Great, because I was worried about Equifax, but if they don't use it, cool. Requesting a max of 25k still on the play, right? Any other tips before asking for the CLI!

Cross you fingers   Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 12
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

Honestly, I always ask for $99,000. They will counter with whatever they feel you deserve

AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $20k | | AmEx Cash Magnet - $20k | | Apple Card - $29k | | BofA Customized Cash - $96k | | BofA Customized Cash - $25k | | BofA Unlimited Cash - $30k | | CapOne Quicksilver - $16.25k | | CapOne Venture - $30k | | Chase Amazon - $26.7k | | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $24k | | Chase Freedom - $16k | | Chase Freedom Flex - $41k | | Citi Custom Cash - $17.9k | | Citi Rewards+ - $15.4k | | Discover It Cash Back - $18k | | Discover It Cash Back - $21.3k | |Discover It Travel - $14.5k | | Elan Max Cash Preferred- $15k | | PayPal Cashback Mastercard - $20k | | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $12.5k | | PenFed Power Cash - $12.5k | | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $25k | | Wells Fargo Autograph - $25k
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

TCL: $571.05k CCs:23 AAoA: 6yr 1mo Util: ~1% Derog: 0

Mortgage: $215.1k Sonata Lease: $1.3k Palisade: $23.8k
Message 5 of 12
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Cashbackjunky wrote:

Honestly, I always ask for $99,000. They will counter with whatever they feel you deserve

Yeah with BoA, my advice is to always ask for the most you would be comfortable with as your credit line.  You never know!

Message 6 of 12
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

@Cashbackjunky wrote:

Agreed. I recently asked for 99,999 limit and they came back with 50 and change. Shoot for the 🌟.

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 7 of 12
alshannan
Established Member

@Kforce let's hope for the best Smiley Very Happy

@K-in-Boston I will thanks

@Cashbackjunky  @SweetCreditObsession Someone on Youtube said if you ask for more than 25k they will ask you for income verification is that right?

Message 8 of 12
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

@alshannan wrote:

@Cashbackjunky  @SweetCreditObsession Someone on Youtube said if you ask for more than 25k they will ask you for income verification is that right?

In my experience, I've never been asked for income verification. I've not heard that about BofA, but as always YMMV

AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $20k | | AmEx Cash Magnet - $20k | | Apple Card - $29k | | BofA Customized Cash - $96k | | BofA Customized Cash - $25k | | BofA Unlimited Cash - $30k | | CapOne Quicksilver - $16.25k | | CapOne Venture - $30k | | Chase Amazon - $26.7k | | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $24k | | Chase Freedom - $16k | | Chase Freedom Flex - $41k | | Citi Custom Cash - $17.9k | | Citi Rewards+ - $15.4k | | Discover It Cash Back - $18k | | Discover It Cash Back - $21.3k | |Discover It Travel - $14.5k | | Elan Max Cash Preferred- $15k | | PayPal Cashback Mastercard - $20k | | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $12.5k | | PenFed Power Cash - $12.5k | | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $25k | | Wells Fargo Autograph - $25k
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

TCL: $571.05k CCs:23 AAoA: 6yr 1mo Util: ~1% Derog: 0

Mortgage: $215.1k Sonata Lease: $1.3k Palisade: $23.8k
Message 9 of 12
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@alshannan wrote:

BoA doesn't regularly ask for IV.  I think the most I ever asked for was $999,999 and they just sent me the same letter as usual stating my current $99,900 was sufficient.  (It's not.  I need that last $100!)  But they have never asked me for IV; in full disclosure, I do bank with them for primary checking so I suppose I am already "verified."  But I haven't really heard of anyone being asked at any specific dollar amount.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.