Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA CLI hurt prior to house closing???

tag
Lpbelleza27
Valued Member

BOA CLI hurt prior to house closing???

I am thinking of asking a credit increase in my BOA credit card. I have my card for the last 2 yrs and never ask for any increase. Will that hurt my credit score or help my credit?? FYI i am closing my first house on MAY 31st. 

Any thoughts???

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: BOA CLI hurt prior to house closing???

@Lpbelleza27 wrote:

I am thinking of asking a credit increase in my BOA credit card. I have my card for the last 2 yrs and never ask for any increase. Will that hurt my credit score or help my credit?? FYI i am closing my first house on MAY 31st. 

Any thoughts???

No it won't hurt you at all unless its a HP ask first

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

The rule of thumb is to do nothing with your credit until after closing. I assume you are at final stage of loan approval. If BoA does a HP, your CS may drop, UW may ask why you are asking for more credit.

IMO, wait.
Message 3 of 6
TheDjinn
New Contributor

You better not if you want any chance of closing that house effortlessly. I'd even wait at least one week to make sure everything with the house is done. 

Message 4 of 6
Lpbelleza27
Valued Member

This waiting is kiling me.. But all of you are right. I should wait. Patience is a virtue. Thank you all. 

Message 5 of 6
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Lpbelleza27 wrote:

Any thoughts???

BofA is always a HP for a CLI...I've had 3 of them in the past, all HP.  As the others said, WAIT!!  Don't impact your score in any way.  And look at it this way...once you close, have dotted the i's and crossed the t's and have the keys in your hot hand...GO ON A SPREE!!!!  Or at least, try for your CLI then!!!  Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.