Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Card Upgrade?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA Card Upgrade?

Today I received a replacement "upgrade" card for my Worldpoints card which I got in 2007.  The old card doesn't expire till 7/10 so I was a little confused.  I call and was told it was an upgrade to a card with no pre-set spending limit.  The rep assured me that my old credit limit will still appear on my credit reports, but said there is no limit per se.  Has this happened to anyone else?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Tons_of_Debt
Established Contributor

Re: BOA Card Upgrade?

UGH, not me. Got CLD'd. :-(
08/01/2008 - 472 EQ; 523 TU; 454 EX
03/01/2009 - 574 EQ
08/08/2009 - 648 EQ
01/27/2010 - 671 EQ
07/04/2010 - 713 EQ
01/05/2011 - 730 EQ
05/14/16 - 762 EX
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

ObsessedwithmyFico wrote:
Today I received a replacement "upgrade" card for my Worldpoints card which I got in 2007.  The old card doesn't expire till 7/10 so I was a little confused.  I call and was told it was an upgrade to a card with no pre-set spending limit.  The rep assured me that my old credit limit will still appear on my credit reports, but said there is no limit per se.  Has this happened to anyone else?

Which BoA card did you previously have? Did you have the Platinum VISA with WorldPoint rewards, or did you have the WorldPoints MasterCard? Or, something else?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Worldpoints Mastercard.  It is a silver card.  The new one is black and says World Mastercard.
 Also, the rep asked why I didn't use the card more often and told me I had a balance transfer offer of 3.9%. I told him I have cards with lower transfer rates.  So I just logged into my account and now have a balance transfer offer of 0.99%.
Message Edited by ObsessedwithmyFico on 10-13-2009 01:15 PM
Message Edited by ObsessedwithmyFico on 10-13-2009 01:17 PM
Message Edited by ObsessedwithmyFico on 10-13-2009 03:58 PM
Message 4 of 6
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Worldpoints Mastercard.  It is a silver card.  The new one is black and says World Mastercard.
 Also, the rep asked why I didn't lose the card more often and told me I had a balance transfer offer of 3.9%. I told him I have cards with lower transfer rates.  So I just logged into my account and now have a balance transfer offer of 0.99%.

I think this worked out pretty well for you.

All we need is someone who knows how the card reports to come in here and tell you it reports OK and it will be perfect!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll be checking back to see if anybody knows how it reports.  If it doesn't report the limit, I WANT MY OLD CARD BACK...
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.