Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Cash Rewards finally graduated...😕

tag
risingup2day
Regular Contributor

BOA Cash Rewards finally graduated...😕

So 16-17 months into this card. I called the last week regarding the status of this card graduating. Was told by CSR her could check and it would be a SP... thought why not!?! Not going to cost me a HP sure. Few minutes later, he says you will receive a letter on their decision... lol figured it was denied. Thanked him and disconnected. A few minutes pass and it kind of bothered me about the SP because reading this forums they say it a HP for manual requested.

Called back and spoke with another CSR. He explains any credit inquiry from a secure card is HP. I lost it, but remained calm and asked to speak to a manager. I was transferred to another department and explained what just happened. I asked him if he could either pull the request to see if it was a SP or HP? At first he said he could not. As calm as I could be, I explained to him my story of my credit woes when I was younger and how much I spent trying to rebuild my credit. He completely understood me. After a few more minutes he said, “Let me look at something...” I could hear him typing on his keyboard and he comes back and says, “ yes, I see the call and the request... it was a SP”.

“Oh, well that’s good. I guess. Thank you for all of your time and understanding.” We disconnected.

Well yesterday, I grab my mail and there a check from BOA ... open it and it was my $99 deposit. The check was in one of those year three side to open check. Inside it reading thank you for your business signed by customer service department... I thought that was weird? I always thought it would be a traditional congrat letter and either check enclosed or you will receive it in a few days.

I was stoked, so I jumped on my phone and saw my CL didn’t change.😩 still $500. I even called in to ask about a CLI since I hear those are SP. confirmed with CSR, “ Yes it is.” Cool ask some questions and result is letter in the mail... I couldn’t help but laugh. Oops I didn’t even ask if the AF is gone from this card! Let me call right now and find out! 😂🤣😂
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
arkane
Established Contributor

Re: BOA Cash Rewards finally graduated...😕

lol d@mn sorry OP seems the banks just like taking their sweet time with you Smiley LOL

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on graduating from Bank of America University, OP! Smiley Wink

I am sorry that they are being stingy with CLIs. Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 7
Thatficotho
Valued Member

Same card took me 5+ stupid years to graduate 🙄

Didn’t call or anything, just got the $99 check.
Message 4 of 7
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 5 of 7
risingup2day
Regular Contributor

Thatficotho -
You said 5 years?!? Yikes🤯.

So I spoke to a CSR last night regarding the AF on the card. Which still applies to this card!🤦🏽‍♂️ With that being said, I think I am going to close the account down. I find it hard to keep a card with a AF of $39 and low limit. I still have my Capital 1 card (which is my oldest account since I filed) with AF of $39 with a $2750 limit. I have requested CLI and or PC on this card but nothing ever comes of it. I also have a Venture one with a 10K limit... so what gives? I know Cap1 buckets there rebuilders card and have read a number of forums about this.

So my question for the gurus

If I decide to close these down, I know it will stay on my files so I really don’t lose much there and my utilization is currently 9-10%, which is not going to do much but raise my utilization a point maybe two.

I know I can keep the cards opens and see if they waive the fees... that way no harm comes either way. And if they don’t waive it, cut it loose....

Decisions...😫
Message 6 of 7
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@risingup2day wrote:
Thatficotho -
You said 5 years?!? Yikes🤯.

So I spoke to a CSR last night regarding the AF on the card. Which still applies to this card!🤦🏽‍♂️ With that being said, I think I am going to close the account down. I find it hard to keep a card with a AF of $39 and low limit. I still have my Capital 1 card (which is my oldest account since I filed) with AF of $39 with a $2750 limit. I have requested CLI and or PC on this card but nothing ever comes of it. I also have a Venture one with a 10K limit... so what gives? I know Cap1 buckets there rebuilders card and have read a number of forums about this.

So my question for the gurus

If I decide to close these down, I know it will stay on my files so I really don’t lose much there and my utilization is currently 9-10%, which is not going to do much but raise my utilization a point maybe two.

I know I can keep the cards opens and see if they waive the fees... that way no harm comes either way. And if they don’t waive it, cut it loose....

Decisions...😫

I am having the same decision to make with my Cap1 QS1 card which was my first card in my rebuilding. Started out at $300 unsecured and am now at $1100. It is the lowest CL of my major CC. My AF is due in November and I am waiting to see if they will refund it. I really want to PC to a QS with no AF. I must be in the limited credit bucket because I have not been able to get any traction on a change. I read that perhaps I should contact the EO and plead my case. I think by my siggy I am a good risk, but Cap1 wants my FICO Score in the bucket for future investors.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.