Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA/Citi questions

tag
Skins2311
Established Member

BOA/Citi questions

Hey guys I am new to the forum and would like some help. I recently applied for the CITI Dividend World Mastercard and the BOA Cash Rewards CC. With CITI I was declined but have yet to receive my letter stating the reason. I should get it this week and when I see the reason I will post on here to gather info to see if I should try a recon. I just applied today for the BOA Cash rewards card and I was not instantly approved so I need to call BOA monday to get my answer. I currently have a FICO score of 696 on EQ. and 709 on TU. EQ is showing 3 Inquiries and TU only 1 in the past year. I guess I would like to know if based on the information I gave do you think I will be able to be approved for the BOA card and if not should I also attempt a recon as well? 

My other CCs are as follows 

Cap 1 - $500 CL (150 balance)

Chase - $300 (PIF)

Zales $512 (PIF)

Banana Rep - $3550 ($1700 balance)

Macys $600 ($400 balance)

Amex Zync - (PIF monthly)

Thanks for everyones help in advance. If anyone has any pointers for me on how to improve my score in a short amount of time I am all ears as well! I started 3 months in the 670's for both TU and EQ so I know I am improving and working hard at paying off my CCs.

Starting Score: EQ 696 TU 709
Current Score: EQ 746 TU 742 as of 5/12 Ex. 732 as of 6/1/12 (Off EX. website)
Goal Score: 760 by 12/31/12

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

Re: BOA/Citi questions

Your Util is pretty high...if you don't pay all your PIF cards down to $0 before the statement cuts you might be pushing 50% Util. It's going to be hard to get any prime card with that high Util%, but it can never hurt to recon!

Message 2 of 3
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Re: BOA/Citi questions

@Skins2311 wrote:

Hey guys I am new to the forum and would like some help. I recently applied for the CITI Dividend World Mastercard and the BOA Cash Rewards CC. With CITI I was declined but have yet to receive my letter stating the reason. I should get it this week and when I see the reason I will post on here to gather info to see if I should try a recon. I just applied today for the BOA Cash rewards card and I was not instantly approved so I need to call BOA monday to get my answer. I currently have a FICO score of 696 on EQ. and 709 on TU. EQ is showing 3 Inquiries and TU only 1 in the past year. I guess I would like to know if based on the information I gave do you think I will be able to be approved for the BOA card and if not should I also attempt a recon as well? 

My other CCs are as follows 

Cap 1 - $500 CL (150 balance)

Chase - $300 (PIF)

Zales $512 (PIF)

Banana Rep - $3550 ($1700 balance)

Macys $600 ($400 balance)

Amex Zync - (PIF monthly)

Thanks for everyones help in advance. If anyone has any pointers for me on how to improve my score in a short amount of time I am all ears as well! I started 3 months in the 670's for both TU and EQ so I know I am improving and working hard at paying off my CCs.

Usually when people get that message they aren't immediately declined. I recommend calling - you may be pleasantly surprised!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.