Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA- Credit Line Increases

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA- Credit Line Increases

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I have BOA credit cards. We have had these cards for almost two years.  Each of us have $2K CL.  Well my hubby decides to increase his CLI and they give it to him!  No problems

I request a CLI and I get the message below. 

Does anyone who they pull for these increases?  I am thinking Equifax.  If that is the case then my score with them is 643. My lowest score.  My husband score is somewhere around 673.

I have used this card and pay it off.  Twice I have done this.  Never been late or anything.  But my husband has been late and gone over his credit limit.  GO figure!

At least with AMEX, they don't do a hard pull to give you a CLI. 

Thanks for Letting Us Serve You!

Your request has been submitted. You will receive a written decision in 5 to 7 business days.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA- Credit Line Increases

ragcajun wrote:
Hi Everyone,

My husband and I have BOA credit cards. We have had these cards for almost two years.  Each of us have $2K CL.  Well my hubby decides to increase his CLI and they give it to him!  No problems

Does anyone who they pull for these increases?  I am thinking Equifax.  If that is the case then my score with them is 643. My lowest score.  My husband score is somewhere around 673.

I have used this card and pay it off.  Twice I have done this.  Never been late or anything.  But my husband has been late and gone over his credit limit.  GO figure!

Your request has been submitted. You will receive a written decision in 5 to 7 business days.

BOFA usually does its pulls on experian but that could also depend on where you opened your account.  If they do increase you, you should be able to see the new limit in a few days, if not they will send you a letter with their reasons, and any bureau they mayhave looked at.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Brammy!

So I get a hard pull for a decline.  I am so getting rid of this card.  I told my husband after I get my AMEX down by $2K.. BOA is out of here!

I have had so much drama with them it's crazy.

They had the nerve to send me a bill for $3.53 for interest.  Interest on a Zero balance!!!  I called them and let loose.  How are you are going to charge me for something I am not using? 

Again thanks for reply

Nicole
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ragin'  although you may have PIFd the card. the interest for the time the balance was on the card is still owed for however many days you carried it.  If you came into the billing cycle with say 200.00  on the card you paid 100 of that before the due date and 100.00 after the due date, you would owe interest on the second 100 for however many days it was on the card past the due date.

Message Edited by Brammy on 09-05-2007 10:18 AM
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the explanation.  The card has PIF for a month.  I have not had a balance in two months.  I just thought it was weird.  But that is good info to know!

Nicole
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

ragcajun wrote:
Thanks for the explanation.  The card has PIF for a month.  I have not had a balance in two months.  I just thought it was weird.  But that is good info to know!

Nicole

Ah yes the famous two-cycle billing

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

ragcajun wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Don't know if it is entire BOA or geographical, but the local Branch Manager in my town in Washington told my daughter who has been with them for years that they require a minimum of 650 FICO for a CLI. And I believe they do pull EX.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

643 is a little low to be going over $2K with BofA. I would classify BofA as "somewhat conservative" when it comes to CLIs.

Don't cancel the card. You have nothing to gain by canceling. The card is a TL in good standing. If interest charges bother you, just keep your balance in the $1-20 range and interest will be negligible. Keep your balance low, keep paying on time, and watch your FICOs. When you pass 665 or so and have a few more months of positive history with BofA, try again.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.