Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Credit cards

tag
TheGrouper
Established Member

BOA Credit cards

Was unaware the rewards card doesn't report the credit limit, already have a $5k BOA visa card. Is there any way to switch to a card that reports the credit limit? 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Re: BOA Credit cards

@TheGrouper wrote:

Was unaware the rewards card doesn't report the credit limit, already have a $5k BOA visa card. Is there any way to switch to a card that reports the credit limit? 

I've read here that the BOA World Mastercard version does report the credit limit.  You might call them and see if you can switch from Visa to Mastercard.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 2 of 16
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

I just looked at my Experian report and confirmed that my Virgin Atlantic card does report a limit. Are you talking about the cash back cards or the co-branded cards? 

Message 3 of 16
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@TheGrouper wrote:

IIRC from previous posts, if you PC FROM a regular Visa to a Signature Visa, it will still report a CL, since it started out as the lesser card.  One would have to apply specifically for a Signature card in order for that feature to apply.

That said, this is still a YMMV thing.  I have both a BofA Cash Rewards Signature and a Merrill Lynch Plus Signature (another BofA card), and they both DO report a credit limit, a high balance and "flexible spending card" notation. 

Message 4 of 16
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

If you ask for a platinum plus instead of the signature visa the CL will be reported also above 5k. Kept 1 of mine as platinum plus. BofA is quite flexible and always tries to meet customers needs.
Message 5 of 16
TheGrouper
Established Member

Good to know, appreciate all the replies!! Looking into cards now. 

I have both 5k limits on a student platinum plus visa (was my first cc) and a cash rewards signature visa. I'm 26, I am assuming the student platinum will change to regular plus soon. 

** Still getting used to these forums, got to figure out how to multi quote ** 

Message 6 of 16
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

I just got a B of A Visa Sig Hawaii Air card.  It just reported to my CR, I was unaware that no CL was reported.

When I start using the card will it report my high balance as CL ?  I will not let it report a statement balance, but if I come close to maxing it out in one cycle and pay before statement cut will that show my high CL ?

I read a lot about these things but I definitely don't know it all.

Thanks

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 7 of 16
HiLine
Blogger

@Bay_Area_Joe wrote:

I just got a B of A Visa Sig Hawaii Air card.  It just reported to my CR, I was unaware that no CL was reported.

When I start using the card will it report my high balance as CL ?  I will not let it report a statement balance, but if I come close to maxing it out in one cycle and pay before statement cut will that show my high CL ?

I read a lot about these things but I definitely don't know it all.

Thanks

Bank of America will not report your credit limit. Some scoring models such as all FICO models estimate the credit limit as the reported high balance. Others, such as Vanguard, assume the credit limit to be 0.

The high balance is updated daily. As long as you allow one day for the balance to be recorded, it will be reported as the high balance. You don't have to carry the balance past the statement closing date.

Message 8 of 16
thebostonredsox
Regular Contributor

I just got the BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Signature card and it is reporting my credit line to Experian and Transunion, as a Flexible Spending account. However, it is not reporting the credit line to Equifax.
Message 9 of 16
Bones
New Contributor

So if your BofA siggy card reports no limit and you put a very high balance on it in relation to the actual CL of the card, that is a negative if you let the high balance report?  Or does the reported CL that reports $0 changed to whatever the HB was and then HB and CL are the same and you've maxed your card out and FICO sinks due to high util? Will the CL always stay $0 and just the HB report, is that bad? Thanks

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.