Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Customer Support is beyond frustrating

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BOA Customer Support is beyond frustrating

Lol I tried calling BofA today as wanted to do a PC possibly.  Long story short 2 hour and 45 mins hold time estimate... Thought they had an option to call you back but havent been offered it yet...   2 hours and 45 mins lol i dont think so 

Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Lol I tried calling BofA today as wanted to do a PC possibly.  Long story short 2 hour and 45 mins hold time estimate... Thought they had an option to call you back but havent been offered it yet...   2 hours and 45 mins lol i dont think so 

Wow. Paying rewards must be getting expensive in that they can't keep as many CSRs lol.

Message 22 of 27
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been frustrated with calling them for a while. A product change takes a minimum of two weeks when it's instant with AMEX and Chase. Calling them will put you on hold for a minimum of 10 minutes on a good day. I'm wondering if the other major physical lenders are better? I also bank with Charles Schwab and they're amazing, but they don't have physical branches unfortunately.  

@Anonymous I guess I'm lucky in SoCal because we have a physical Charles Schwab branch not far from my house.

Message 23 of 27
Green456
Established Contributor

@TheFIGuy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been frustrated with calling them for a while. A product change takes a minimum of two weeks when it's instant with AMEX and Chase. Calling them will put you on hold for a minimum of 10 minutes on a good day. I'm wondering if the other major physical lenders are better? I also bank with Charles Schwab and they're amazing, but they don't have physical branches unfortunately.  

@Anonymous I guess I'm lucky in SoCal because we have a physical Charles Schwab branch not far from my house.

But you can't withdraw money from the branch can you?

Message 24 of 27
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Out of curiosity a question I had just reading this thread: what need do people still have to regularly go to a branch?  Cash deposits?

Not the same departments even in much smaller institutions than BOFA but I really want to reach through the email servers and start slapping people in their mortgage origination department.  Apparently with the low employment and mortgage refinances through the roof good underwriters can do better than BOFA.

Actually come to think of it, if I were in Houston I'd have already walked into the LO's branch and sat down and had a real conversation about what needs to happen and if I walk out without resolution we're done with this process.  Not that they care about my loan application as the big giant faceless financial institution but at times it helps to show the representatives of said corporation that you're serious and nothing is better than being in person when you still want them to do something.

        
Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Green456 wrote:

@TheFIGuy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

But you can't withdraw money from the branch can you?

Withdrawal of cash from Schwab usually isn't an issue since Schwab Checking offers unlimited international ATM fee rebates for free. And you can call them to raise your withdrawal limit temporarily for higher amounts. 

I actually have a "branch" near me but they don't take cash deposits, because they're simply brokerage offices now, and not actual "banking branches," which is the main reason why I still use BoA as my physical bank. They used to offer some banking services but that stopped once they realized that operating their physical brokerage offices as actual banking centers had impacted their cost model. That's pretty understandable since the checking account is basically fee free. If only they offered more credit cards.

Message 26 of 27
VPExecutive
Frequent Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Out of curiosity a question I had just reading this thread: what need do people still have to regularly go to a branch?  Cash deposits?

Not the same departments even in much smaller institutions than BOFA but I really want to reach through the email servers and start slapping people in their mortgage origination department.  Apparently with the low employment and mortgage refinances through the roof good underwriters can do better than BOFA.

Actually come to think of it, if I were in Houston I'd have already walked into the LO's branch and sat down and had a real conversation about what needs to happen and if I walk out without resolution we're done with this process.  Not that they care about my loan application as the big giant faceless financial institution but at times it helps to show the representatives of said corporation that you're serious and nothing is better than being in person when you still want them to do something.

I used to dread going into a BoA branch, especially being used to by credit union's friendly service for several years before hand. 

BoA tellers never greet you with a smile or make you feel welcome. 

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.