Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Double Report

tag
minimock
Frequent Contributor

BOA Double Report

Has anyone ever noticed that BOA will report a balance increase on the 1st of the month, regardless of your due date and then re report after your statement closes?

However they do not report a balance decrease on the first if you pay early.

Seems like they want to get their licks in first lol.

Just something I noticed over the last 6 months or so

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
mustangy
Contributor

Re: BOA Double Report

Yes they did same to me. Boa is not consumer frendly about report to. My visa signutare higher limit was 6k (highest statement) and they didn't report.
I applied for CLI for visa signsture mostly paid early and they hard pulled both TU ang EXP I spend 60k a year and mostly early paid off.
Now I have a master card with no rewards and $29 annual fee I cslled to convert it to boa amex they said we will call you back 26.12.2012 there is no business day after that they and jan 1 2013 is mean another fee tricky.
I ll give shut to back order number and maybe will get some other card but I know they will hsrd pull at least 2 CRA again
So they lost a client with 60k annual spend 50k was in checking account and a merylynch sccount I ll use amex and chase for next year
capital one $3500 limit aug 2019
capital one $3k limit aut user feb 2019
td cash 2k limit sep 2019
what is 3rd ??? to apply
Message 2 of 18
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I have not noticed that. I do know that Bank of America/FIA will report as soon as something changes on the accounts. Credit limit increases/decreases, change of address, moved statement date, or disputed information will all cause them to update the report immediately. I was under the impression it cost money to report, so I wonder why they do it for you twice.

Message 3 of 18
minimock
Frequent Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

I have not noticed that. I do know that Bank of America/FIA will report as soon as something changes on the accounts. Credit limit increases/decreases, change of address, moved statement date, or disputed information will all cause them to update the report immediately. I was under the impression it cost money to report, so I wonder why they do it for you twice.

They do it lol. My due date is on the 5th, and if my balance goes up more then a few hundred bucks they report it on the 1st. Then turn right back around and report on the 6th after the bill is paid....

It really is not a biggie, I just found it interesting.

Message 4 of 18
HiLine
Blogger

By "report" do you guys mean "report to the CRA's"? If so, I haven't noticed BofA reporting mid-cycle at all. I have increased my balance by about 3k so far this month, and I haven't been sent any credit alert from my credit monitoring services.

On a related note, can someone please confirm that the high balance on a BofA Visa Signature is updated immediately even without being reported to the CRA's? I want to pay off the balance but would like to retain the high balance information too.

Message 5 of 18
YahComb
Established Contributor

hiline, i think as far as BOA goes, high balance is like statement balance-whatever it is at the end of the day is the number that is used. so if you currently have a high balance of 1000, but today something posts that makes your current balance 2000; if you sent in a payment for 500 and it posted at the end of today, BOA would show your high balance as 1500 the next time your reports update.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 6 of 18
HiLine
Blogger

Thanks for your response, YahComb. My current balance has been the same for the last several days, and this is the balance I want to get reported as the high balance on my card. Should I feel confident about paying it off now without affecting the reported high balance?

Message 7 of 18
YahComb
Established Contributor

if you've already had that balance sit at the end of a day, you should be okay to pay it down now.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 8 of 18
HiLine
Blogger

@YahComb wrote:

if you've already had that balance sit at the end of a day, you should be okay to pay it down now.

Thanks for the confirmation!

Message 9 of 18
mustangy
Contributor

my total volume goes up friday to 3000$ and today monday i checed its already reported to TU and EX.

and highest separated by years Smiley Frustrated how they calculate the utilazation then, high of that year or high of all times ? Boa is become boring for me internet shop safe usually declined for security reason and you have to call them but for amamzon shops you lose days because you learn in when they try to ship .

I gues i ll use amex bcp for daily spends from now on.

capital one $3500 limit aug 2019
capital one $3k limit aut user feb 2019
td cash 2k limit sep 2019
what is 3rd ??? to apply
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.