Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Double Report

tag
YahComb
Established Contributor

Re: BOA Double Report

hmm mustangy did your highest balance change? Maybe that is the cause of your off-cycle reporting, since it doesn't have a credit limit on the reports and uses high balance for utilization. BOA always updates off-cycle when my CL c hanges.

I would guess it's the highest reported balance you've ever had, but i haven't had credit long enough to test that theory.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 11 of 18
HiLine
Blogger

@YahComb wrote:

hmm mustangy did your highest balance change? Maybe that is the cause of your off-cycle reporting, since it doesn't have a credit limit on the reports and uses high balance for utilization. BOA always updates off-cycle when my CL c hanges.

I would guess it's the highest reported balance you've ever had, but i haven't had credit long enough to test that theory.

My high balance has changed multiple times since the last statement cut though, and I have not noticed any off-cycle reporting.

Message 12 of 18
mustangy
Contributor

my highest 6641$ not changed this month is 3034$ now and still not cut off  billing is 14/12/2012 maybe they twice a month but right now can see my 3014$ on experian

capital one $3500 limit aug 2019
capital one $3k limit aut user feb 2019
td cash 2k limit sep 2019
what is 3rd ??? to apply
Message 13 of 18
YahComb
Established Contributor

Man that is really odd. This is only happening on one of your BOA cards right? This is definitely not a standard practive AFAIK; you'll probably want to use one of the backdoor numbers and talk with a supervisor.

Also,  off topic---have you tried to PC to no AF on the mastercard? i was able to finally get mine removed without a PC. My BOA was secured until june, i tried to get them to drop the AF in july when i asked for a cli and they said i'd have to call back in a few months.

I tried again online in September when my AF hit, they told me i'd have to close and apply for a new card. He said the card will have annual fee forever. Then i called in, the first guy wasn't allowed to do anything, so i asked for a supervisor. The guy came back and said my fee was waived(still have the fee, they just gave me a credit to bring balance back to zero) 

Then at the start of november, i called them again using the backdoor number from the thread on this forum-i explained to this guy i liked the card, i see its long term potential, but i have many other no fee cards and i don't know that i will really want to keep it so many years if i have to keep paying the annual fee. This time, he said hed submit a request to have my annual fee supressed. Next morning, i checked my online banking, and my annual fee changed from 39.00 to 0.00. Not waived, it really has no annual fee anymore.

Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Message 14 of 18
HiLine
Blogger

@YahComb wrote:

Man that is really odd. This is only happening on one of your BOA cards right? This is definitely not a standard practive AFAIK; you'll probably want to use one of the backdoor numbers and talk with a supervisor.

Also,  off topic---have you tried to PC to no AF on the mastercard? i was able to finally get mine removed without a PC. My BOA was secured until june, i tried to get them to drop the AF in july when i asked for a cli and they said i'd have to call back in a few months.

I tried again online in September when my AF hit, they told me i'd have to close and apply for a new card. He said the card will have annual fee forever. Then i called in, the first guy wasn't allowed to do anything, so i asked for a supervisor. The guy came back and said my fee was waived(still have the fee, they just gave me a credit to bring balance back to zero) 

Then at the start of november, i called them again using the backdoor number from the thread on this forum-i explained to this guy i liked the card, i see its long term potential, but i have many other no fee cards and i don't know that i will really want to keep it so many years if i have to keep paying the annual fee. This time, he said hed submit a request to have my annual fee supressed. Next morning, i checked my online banking, and my annual fee changed from 39.00 to 0.00. Not waived, it really has no annual fee anymore.

Maybe this weird off-cycle reporting is specific to geographical location? Perhaps they don't do that on the West Coast.

Congratulations on getting that annual fee removed. That's fantastic! My secured card with them is due for graduation in January; do you think I should try to get rid of the annual fee right after graduation? Do they charge you the annual fee immediately following the anniversary, which is presumably the graduation date?

Message 15 of 18
YahComb
Established Contributor

i opened my card in august 2011. my annual fee was charged at the beginning of my second statement in september 2011. Then again at the beginning of the 14th statement-1 year later-in september 2012.

i think a good time to try and lose the fee on the secured card is doing a PC after graduation-probably mention specifically that you want to product change to a no fee card. They may still give you the same old story about how they can't do that, apply for a new card, yada yada yada, but they might just cooperate. For a lot of people though it seems to take a few tries.

Newest to Oldest

Message 16 of 18
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

I have 3 cards with bofa and no one of them does that . ..i usually pay my bofa cards as soon the last charge goes thru so my statements are always zero and i also get not minimun payment or due date
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 17 of 18
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Just for grins and giggles I called in about it.

They said that they "CAN" but not necessarily  "DO" report  "Significant"  balance increases off cycle....

Like I said no biggie, if they want to report twice in 5 days, well......Ok then Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.