Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Luv Button: Am I Ready?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA Luv Button: Am I Ready?

Well, that's good news!  Congrats, UM!  I just knew it would work out for ya. Smiley Wink

Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

jaxstraw wrote:
Well just got off the phone and they are saying it is the Accel Express card. Go figure.

Jax

OK, now I'm getting annoyed with them, lol.  I also have the Rewards Amex and have tried twice now for a PC to Accelerated Rewards.  The first time, they told me it would be no problem, and then changed their minds and told me I hadn't had the card long enough and I should ask again in a few months.  So a few months later, I asked again, and I was told it would be no problem, but would cost me a hard pull and it would show up as a new account.

Why, oh why, does everybody get the seamless Rewards/Accelerated Rewards PC but me? Smiley Indifferent

Seriously.

Message 22 of 31
Uncle_Money
Established Contributor

Cheddar,

I would keep trying until I get what I want.

When I called BOA this morning, the first analyst I spoke to told me I already received an increase. I asked for someone else and she said I would get a call back. Never happened.

Hours later, I called AGAIN and spoke to yet another analyst. His tone was completely different than the person I spoke to earlier. This is when I get the Accelerated Rewards Amex with the high credit line. I would try again tomorrow.

Personal: American Express Platinum - NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Preferred - $15,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve - $38,500 | Chase Amazon Prime Visa - $7,200 | Chase Freedom - $500 | Barclaycard Arrival+ - $18,600 | PenFed Platinum Rewards - $25,000 | PenFed LOC - $10,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa - $25,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union LOC - $10,000 | Citi Double Cash - $12,170 | Citizens Cash Back+ - $8,650 | Citizens LOC Overdraft - $8,000 | Discover - $10,000 | Capital One Quicksilver One - $3,600 | Capital One Platinum - $750 | Valero - $600 | Dell - $3,000 | Lowes Advantage - $30,000 | Macys Amex - $25,000 | The Home Depot - $7,500 | Tourneau - $15,000
Business: American Express Business Platinum Card - NPSL | American Express Plum Card - NPSL | American Express SimplyCash Plus - $10,000 | American Express Gold Card - NPSL | Bank of America Cash Rewards - $100,000 | Capital One Spark Business - $54,000 | Chase Business Preferred - $34,000 | Chase Business Ink - $15,000 | PNC Bank Cash Rewards Visa Signature - $19,000 | PNC LOC $100,000 | BP Business Solutions - $1,500 | KeyBank Mastercard - $6,000 | Staples More Account - $3,500

Message 23 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

cheddar wrote:

Why, oh why, does everybody get the seamless Rewards/Accelerated Rewards PC but me? Smiley Indifferent

Don't be sad, Ched. I'd take ANY card with a decent CLI!!  You must be calling my guy. Smiley Wink
My BofA card is close to getting a prime spot on top of my BBQ over hot coals. I'd love to watch it shrivel like a Shrinky-dink.

Edited for being rude: Uncle that's kicka**. Good for you!!!

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 08-13-2008 09:39 PM
Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love being right. LOL. Congrats, good job.
Message 25 of 31
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Cheddar, my card just says 'rewards' and no where on my account page does it say 'accelerated' but 3 CSR's have all told me that it is what I have.

We'll see when they send the new card.

What does your card look like ??

Jax
App free for 3 days since 3rd NASA denial
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 26 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

jaxstraw wrote:
Cheddar, my card just says 'rewards' and no where on my account page does it say 'accelerated' but 3 CSR's have all told me that it is what I have.

We'll see when they send the new card.

What does your card look like ??

Jax

My card is the clear version.  I'm sure I don't have the Accelerated Rewards version, though, because I'm only getting one point per dollar on all of my purchases.

Message 27 of 31
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

I can't even find a regular rewards AMEX on their website. With my situation and I have what appears to be the same card, I figured I'd ask.

Jax
App free for 3 days sine 3rd NASA denial
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 28 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

jaxstraw wrote:
I can't even find a regular rewards AMEX on their website. With my situation and I have what appears to be the same card, I figured I'd ask.

Jax
App free for 3 days sine 3rd NASA denial

No, it was just my luck that about three days after I applied and was approved for the regular Rewards Amex, they replaced it with the Accelerated Rewards version.  I think you're right that they don't even offer the standard Rewards Amex anymore, but that's the card I have.

Story of my life, in a way. Smiley Tongue

Message 29 of 31
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Sorry 'bout that. Hope you can switch someday.

BTW , I "borrowed" your sig line if you don't mind. I'm hoping that if I can see a number and track it I can follow the amount of days without an app.

I really want a NASA card and they wouldn't grant it (again) saying that I shouldn't apply again until my last card activation is one year old. Kind of made me realize how many cards I have and how many app's I've made in the last year.

Thanks Jax
Jax

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.