cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA--Not Reporting Up-Dated Bal to Big (3 Every Mth)?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA--Not Reporting Up-Dated Bal to Big (3 Every Mth)?

I spoke w/customer service mgr. on this morning and she told me that BOA don't update to big 3 every month. She say it just will automatic show as pays as agrees. Example: I received my card in July and they report it for one time. She's saying that once they report that time...they don' t report again until you go over the limit or late. I truly don't believe she knows what she's talking about...because I had a B-T done before I got the card and they reported that bal when they reported. If this is true...then UTL would probably be great w/them. I am going to call in a little while and verify this... because I have learned that you about got to speak w/ someone on supervisor level. Anyone ever heard of this??? I am 4-sure someone would have mentioned that by now if it was true. Update: I spoke w/another account mgr and she verified the same thing. So..my CL is 2k and all will ever be reported is the $307 BT I had done when they reported for the first time. So...unless I go over-limit or default..this is all will ever be reported. Interesting...because I didn't know this. My UTL will be great w/them then if this is true. I tell you what though...if they don't know what they r talking about...I am going to be very upset.

Message Edited by SGT_F on 07-15-2007 09:24 PM
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA--Not Reporting Up-Dated Bal to Big (3 Every Mth)?

I have one BofA that reports like clock work on the 12th of the month... I have another that only reports to TU and EX... Makes no sense to me at all... The good news is that it reports to the most commonly used CRA in my neck of the woods. EX in the New England areaSmiley Wink

Rob
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reports on time every month for me too...
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

My BOA account reported to all three CRAs in June, when there was a balance as of the statement date. The previous month (May), the statement balance was $0 and it only reported to EX. Before that, it had reported to all three every month, whether there was a balance or not.

My DW has two BOA accounts. One carries a balance (0% BT) and reports to all three CRAs every month. Her other account has had a $0 balance for awhile. In February, it reported to all three CRAs, but since then it has only reported to EX.

Message Edited by Revike on 07-16-2007 01:56 PM
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the input from everyone. I talked w/account mgr today and he told me that they don't report to big 3 unless it is late...he said that big 3 pull from them every 90 days or so. I don't think anyone of them know what they are talkin about like I said earlier. I have learned..most associates that work at CC company don't know too much about credit. I was trying to explain to account guy one time that it matters if I get a max bal reported vs less than 30% or 1-9%. He was telling me as long as you pay the min it don't matter if it is maxed..you will still have good credit on you CR. My score dropped 50 points in the past due to 97% utl and I disputed the bal...they changed it to 29% and my score went up 49 points immediately.
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't think anyone of them know what they are talkin about like I said earlier.

Ain't that the truth. And it's probably worse since the MBNA merger.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Revike wrote:
My BOA account reported to all three CRAs in June, when there was a balance as of the statement date. The previous month (May), the statement balance was $0 and it only reported to EX. Before that, it had reported to all three every month, whether there was a balance or not.

My DW has two BOA accounts. One carries a balance (0% BT) and reports to all three CRAs every month. Her other account has had a $0 balance for awhile. In February, it reported to all three CRAs, but since then it has only reported to EX.

Message Edited by Revike on 07-16-2007 01:56 PM

My experience is the same as your DW...Smiley Tongue

Rob
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My experience is the same as your DW...Smiley Tongue
Rob

Cool - so there appears to be a pattern, perhaps the result of a change in BOA policy in February. That's better than random changes that make you wonder if there's a glitch or not.

Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah and it's better than HSBC... Those guys are relentless with their doofy reporting... At least BofA is consistent... Seems like the newer the account with BofA the more likely you are to see reporting across all three CRAs.

Rob
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

They reported on statement date. Boy...I tell you...listening to peoples that don't know what they are talking about can mess you up.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.