Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Platinum Visa, subprime?

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BOA Platinum Visa, subprime?

DuckHunter wrote:
I have a BOA question.  Off and on, I get these letters from ca stating that my dw owes them money.  She wrote them back many, years ago, (no she did not request a signature or return receipt), that was before we knew better.   We have never had an account withe them, it has never (that we are aware of) shown up on her cr, but, if we were to try for a bank card with them, would her info still be in their memory banks?

How many years are we talking about?
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA has a Looooong memory.  They still have accounts of mine from the ninties on file from the MBNA take over. Actually sent my account info to that address and when I accessed my online info my old line of credit was there tho 0 balance.
Message 12 of 18
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Brammy wrote:
BofA has a Looooong memory.  They still have accounts of mine from the ninties on file from the MBNA take over. Actually sent my account info to that address and when I accessed my online info my old line of credit was there tho 0 balance.

Oh great, smells just like Amex!
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

fused111 wrote:

Brammy wrote:
BofA has a Looooong memory.  They still have accounts of mine from the nineties on file from the MBNA take over. Actually sent my account info to that address and when I accessed my online info my old line of credit was there tho 0 balance.

Oh great, smells just like Amex!

That makes their history on me longer than Equfax's ..... Lol!!! Did I mention that I just opened my checking account with them in Oct 06?  These accounts were from the EARLY 90s.  Long enough to be long gone after the 10 yr fall off

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is the whole thing.  Was BOA some other bank name before BOA?  We have been with WaMu since 2003 and before that we were with WellsFargo.  We were with another bank prior to WellsFargo but that had do before 1995 or 1996.  I know if anything it is well beyond any SOL here in Texas, but the point remains we do not know of any account with BOA.

Thanks for the help as always.  I will save myself the headaches and just not apply for a BOAAmEx.  We were just recently approved for a Citi Div Card.  Does Cito have their own in-house rules for a CitiAmex?
Message 15 of 18
bwflorida

Keep the card, keep utilization low and BofA will gladly give you more . . .
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brammy . . . After being rejected for another BofA card (BK in 2009), I was offered and applied for their secured card with a $300 CL. I haven't been approved yet, but am wondering what "keep utilization low" means exactly. I think I read somewhere about not charging more than 15% of your CL and paying off the ballance every month. Is that what I should do if I get that card? Thanks!
Message 16 of 18
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Things that were happening when this thread was last active:

Jul 21st - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the final book in the bestselling Harry Potter series is released.

Aug 1st - The I-35W Mississippi River Bridge spanning the Mississippi River in Minneapolis, Minnesota, collapses during the evening rush hour.

Aug 7th - Barry Bonds of the San Francisco Giants breaks baseball great Hank Aaron's record by hitting his 756th home run.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 17 of 18
HiLine
Blogger

@Anonymous wrote:
BofA is so far removed froom subprime, that there is no comparison to make.

Welcome back! We can always use your profound knowledge! Robot wink

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.