cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Premium Rewards Travel Credit & Gift Card Use

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Established Contributor

BOA Premium Rewards Travel Credit & Gift Card Use

Just a DP, buying a $100 AA gift card still triggers the travel credit on this card. I have seen a whole lot of info on AMEX and their travel credit, but not much recently on this card.

Bought a $100 AA gift card Saturday August 10th after a long week the website showed on Monday the 19th that the travel credit had been used and today the 21st it was officially reimbursed. 

Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | Bank of America Premium Rewards 21k | US Bank Cash+ 23k | Chase Amazon Prime 25.3k | Lowes 35k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Discover It 49.8k | Citi Thank You Premier 50K | Chase Marriott 50k | Amex EDP 56k | Bank of America BBR 78.9k
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Re: BOA Premium Rewards Travel Credit & Gift Card Use

Yup this is still doable per DoC. I just did it last month.
Message 2 of 10
Community Leader
Super Contributor

IMO I think this will probably be one "loophole" that will stay open just because of the UW for this card which I guess is a good thing for those that have it.

Message 3 of 10
Valued Contributor

I’m not getting it. Can someone pls enlighten me as to what benefit buying an AA giftcard brings as opposed to just paying for fare with the BoA PR? (Other than being able to gift someone)
BK7 dc in 01/2011 with FICO8 in the 500s

HPs EX 5 EQ 4 TU 1
AAoA 5y2m
UTIL 1% - 3%

$200K+ Total Limits

New cc TLs 1/6 ; 2/12 & 4/24
Message 4 of 10
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Benny is you can say you beat the system
#ChaseCreditCardHobby Enthusiast
Message 5 of 10
Senior Contributor

@JR_TX wrote:
I’m not getting it. Can someone pls enlighten me as to what benefit buying an AA giftcard brings as opposed to just paying for fare with the BoA PR? (Other than being able to gift someone)

The $100 is supposed to be usable against incidentals, not airfare.    Giftcards can be directly applied against airfare. 

(8/2019)
FICO 8 (EX) 793 (TU) 808 (EQ) 794
FICO 9 (EX) 822 (TU) 827 (EQ) 844

$800K+ club
Message 6 of 10

@coldfusion wrote:

@JR_TX wrote:

The $100 is supposed to be usable against incidentals, not airfare.    Giftcards can be directly applied against airfare. 

or sold to offset af as well..  Granted not for face value, but close enough

Chase | Citibank | Amex | BofA | PenFed | NFCU | Discover | 5/3rd | Synovus | Commerce | FNBO | Union Bank | Regions
Message 7 of 10
Valued Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@JR_TX wrote:

Oh it makes sense now. Thanks @coldfusion

HPs EX 5 EQ 4 TU 1
AAoA 5y2m
UTIL 1% - 3%

$200K+ Total Limits

Message 8 of 10
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@JR_TX wrote:

or sold to offset af as well..  Granted not for face value, but close enough

Lol. That’s actually what I sort of had in mind at first and then some. But mine is more in violation of the TOS. ☠️☠️☠️

HPs EX 5 EQ 4 TU 1
AAoA 5y2m
UTIL 1% - 3%

$200K+ Total Limits

Message 9 of 10
Established Contributor

I do wish BOA and Amex would just make their airline credits true travel credits like Chase and US Bank currently does. Would make it so much easier, but then again I assume that the banks make it a little tougher in hopes people won't redeem all their credits saving them some money.

Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | Bank of America Premium Rewards 21k | US Bank Cash+ 23k | Chase Amazon Prime 25.3k | Lowes 35k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Discover It 49.8k | Citi Thank You Premier 50K | Chase Marriott 50k | Amex EDP 56k | Bank of America BBR 78.9k
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.