cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Secure Card is usually changed to what kind of card afterwards...?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA Secure Card is usually changed to what kind of card afterwards...?

I will be applying for a BOA secure card this week and I was wondering if you get to choose what card you get after once it's unsecure or do you choose it..if they do..which card did you get? Smiley Very Happy

and also..if I increase my credit line every month by $200, will that help my credit score since it helps with the debt/to available credit ratio?

Message Edited by 14sephora on 02-15-2009 10:09 PM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA Secure Card is usually changed to what kind of card afterwards...?

It will be a Platinum Plus when it graduates but can be changed to many different things.  Increasing the CL on the secured would help your utilization and it looks good to the issuer.
Message 2 of 5
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

and also..if I increase my credit line every month by $20, will that help my credit score since it helps with the debt/to available credit ratio?

pretty sure you can only increase the limit in $100 increments.

Starting Score: 540 EQ 517 TU on 11/17/08
Current Score: 668 EQ 726 TU
Goal Score: 760 EQ 760 TU

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 3 of 5
oracles
Valued Contributor

Hi sephora and welcome to the forums BTW

You can product change to another card in 9-12 months. A card you may want to product change to is the worldpoints card. This will allow you to be able to receive credit line increases better than if you would stay with the current card of platinum plus.

Also I do not know how much you can increase your limit each time while it is secured, however this is a great thing to do because you will  be able to contribute to your util% decreasing thus increasing your score. 

However you will need to keep your balance low in order to benefit from this.

Hope this helps and keep us updated

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

o thank u so much Smiley Very Happy

the reason i ask about which card they will give to you is because i already i have boa visa platinum card and i didn't want to have 2 of the same card? hehe

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.