Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Secure to Unsecure?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA Secure to Unsecure?

Hi all, in December 2018 me and my husband started using our secure credit cards with $1000 limit in each card. We have been using the card and making timely payments.
Today we see that a $1000 has been deposited into our account with the detail : c/h accounting credit adjustment FDES NNF. While I started browsing about this I learnt that this is related to the secure credit and the card has been changed to Unsecure.
Our credit line has been increased to $3000 on one card and $2000 on other card. While both the cards credit line has been increased I see only one $1000 adjustment returned. Should I be expecting another return or that's what it is? Does this mean that I have a regular credit card and pay for my usage? I am surprised and confused. Kindly help me.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: BOA Secure to Unsecure?

Congratulations on your graduations 🎓!

You should see the second security deposit returned soon. Best to call the csr make sure.

Credit limit increase application are on a 91 day cycle. They will be a soft pull inquiry.
Message 2 of 8
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hi and welcome

It sounds like one of the cards was unsecured, hence the $1K refund, and the other one remains secured (just a guess).

Example:
DH secured card $1K, now unsecured, new CL 3K, deposit refunded.

DW secured card $1K, not unsecured, CL raised $1K, deposit not refunded.

Of course the best thing to do is call and ask. It could also be that the other $1K will be refunded today.

Also, congrats on a great job of getting unsecured and decent SLs.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot for your feedback! I hope to receive the other deposit soon.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot for your response! I will visit the bank today to know the details. I also want to know if the rate of interest has changed and related questions. I am happy though!
Message 5 of 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Interest rate stays the same. At your 1 year mark, maybe call the csr to see if you are eligible for a APR discount.
Message 6 of 8
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

You should see the second security deposit returned soon. Best to call the csr make sure.

Credit limit increase application are on a 91 day cycle. They will be a soft pull inquiry.

@AllZero wrote:

yes, i would for sure wait for at least 91 days to ask for another CLI. they've given you a fairly generous CLI (3x) from your secured card so they would like to see some responsible usage before giving you more. 

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kudosalert, Thanks a lot for your response! ""Responsible usage of the card"" - This is somewhere I want everyone's advise. We are new credit card users. At this moment we use credit card for most of our expenses, spend until 60%, pay off 30% and maintain 30% until the end of cycle, and pay off the 30% during the closing date.
Please give me some tips what should I be doing to get better credit line?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.