cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Secured 99/500?? Mine says on the BOA online Emerging Credit??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA Secured 99/500?? Mine says on the BOA online Emerging Credit??

I have had this card since March of 2007.

I remember paying a $99.00 deposit from my BOA checking to open the Secured Card for a $500.00 Credit Limit.

I have been late with this card but have been told that this card does not graduate and does not receive CLIs.

I seem to remember that if i want a higher secured limit I could deposit another $99.00 then get another $500.00 CLI.

I have heard on this Forum about the 99/500 and that it is supposed to graduate but this one does not seem to be the same card.

Anyone else seen this??

Who should I call at BOA besides the regular number on the card?

Any Backdoor graduation secrets?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA Secured 99/500?? Mine says on the BOA online Emerging Credit??

i am waiting for mine to come in the mail.  im pretty sure you have to make timely payments and keep your ultil pretty low and you will get a CLI and it becomes unsecured in about 9-12 months.  you really have to treat this card well for them to do those things, though.  you are trying to rebuild your credit (generally) if you have this card, and you want to prove to them you can be responsible with your credit.  i never heard anything about giving $99 more and getting another $500.  gl!!
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I mis posted above I have not been late ever with this card.

I just wanted to know how others see their cards name listed on the online banking so I can see if mine is the same product or something different?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awsric wrote:
I mis posted above I have not been late ever with this card.

I just wanted to know how others see their cards name listed on the online banking so I can see if mine is the same product or something different?

Did you read the threads I linked to above?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the Links Cheddar.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK just spoke with CS rep who explained to me the deal.

The card when changed to 'Emerging Credit' Status then starts a clock ticking.

At 9 to 12 months the account will get reviewed for graduation.

ANYTHING at all out of Perfect account Management resets the clock back to Zero.

I had an over the limit for 1 day because of the Finance Charges hitting 24 hours before my payment posted.

They removed the Over the Limit but the clock still reset for the graduation of the account.

S.O.L. for a while.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

One more question about BOA and this account.

Have others had success getting other BOA Cards while having this one not graduated?
Message 8 of 9
Mizsass
Valued Member

I received a fully secured BoA card in November of 2006. It was graduated to unsecured in November of 2007. It was then changed to Emerging Credit product around March of 2008. I'm not sure I believe that a clock starts ticking when they changed the product name. I requested a CLI when the card graduated to unsecured and was denied. Now that we're hitting the 6 month mark I'm requesting again. GL.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.