Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Secured card graduation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA Secured card graduation

Just wanted to share info with the crew,I obtained my secured mastercard (99/500)on 7/16/16,I called and asked for graduation on 12/12/16,boom! granted.On 12/13/16 my $99.00 bucks was back in my account(I also bank with BOA)needless to say I'm happy to grow and go to the next phase.I would be remiss not to thank many of the people on this forum for all the education,and encouragement y'all have provided.Without reading many post about other people experiences I NEVER would have requested graduation(when I opened the account BOA told me AFTER 12 months)Thanks again.For those that are curious BOA did NOT give me a CLI,that would've been a  hard inquiry and I did not want to do that now(I have enough hard inquires right now)so I'm gonna let my credit marinate for a while (688)need to get in 700+ range,I know y'all feel me

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA Secured card graduation

Congrats!

Mine unsecured a month ago!

Now, call BofA, and have them PC it to a CashRewards Visa.....

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!! Same to you.

Message 3 of 11
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Congrats! But no CLI?! I thought they usually give those st graduation 

Message 4 of 11
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Creditplz wrote:

Congrats! But no CLI?! I thought they usually give those st graduation 

I got a CLI on mine, but it cost me a HP

Another positive note - MY showed an update the other day, it is no longer reporting as a secured credit card Smiley Happy

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 5 of 11
precision
Contributor

First and foremost, congrats.

Second, did they provide you the criteria for how and why they unsecured your card so early?

Message 6 of 11
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

What # did you both call to unsecure? And oooooh, I thought they'd give it on a SP Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

A CLI would be a hard pull(don't want one now)"graduation is a soft.Any increase is treated the same,HARD unless they order it (who knows when that will be)

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Their policy is (and they DON'T tell you)after 5 months the custermer can request the graduation and they do a manual evaluation (asking income,job status,and they do a soft pull to see how you are doing with other accounts)took 5 min and that was that.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

1-866-781-2215

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.