Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA convenience checks

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA convenience checks

I miss the convenience checks BOA used to send me regularly.  The ones I have in hand from them are currently expired, and I'm wondering is there a way to request them while minimizing the risk of unintentional AA?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: BOA convenience checks

didn't think anybody actually used those things.  as you noticed they sometimes go on sprees, i received another set this week, don't ask (at least i wouldn't) lest they think you NEED something from them.

the online BT offers are kinda cool, those i use sometimes, not the checks.

i wouldn't be surprised if they slow down on sending the checks if you have a history of using them in the oft times backwards world of ccc.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score_building, what online BT offers?  I have a Platinum Plus card but all I see is the option to transfer a balance from another card to my BOA card, which is not what I want. I want to use a convenience check to draw upon my current BOA card to deposit into my checking account. I have never used a convenience check before nor have I ever defaulted on anything so I don't know why they would be spooked by me
Message 3 of 4
NinComPoop
Contributor

I used to work in their customer marketing department.  You can call there and request checks sent to you.  It depends on what you're using the checks for.  You probably can get a better offer if you call in or at least get the same offer they would send to you as a check.  The reps have monthly goals to meet so they have incentive to get you to do a balance transfer or ACH with them over the phone.  It depends on what you need the money for.  I will never do business with them ever again even though I like the options of their credit cards, but since you do I would definitely call to see what offers they have and just have them transfer the balances for you or transfer the funds to your checking account so you can decide how you want to dispurse the funds.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.