Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA just floored me

tag
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

BOA just floored me

Posted this in response to another thread but thought I would share here.

called in this evening to ask a question about my new BOA card coming (same as your dads) and the rep

transferred me to a credit analyst. I was only looking for apr info and I think the rep thought I was asking for a lower apr

already thus the transfer. Anyways this very nice lady came on and after I explained that I just wanted to know the terms

she said "let me put you on hold while I review your account"

two minutes later she came back and asked me about a loan I had with them back in 1998 of all things.... She had asked that

why there was one 30 day late on the loan (14k unsecured) and I explained it was the early days of electronic bill pay and something

got screwed up. I was thinking they were now going to decline me. Well much to my shock she said I have re-reviewed your account

and we are going to set your initial CL at.....................$12.5k. Originally approved at 7500

I havent even gotten the bloody card !!!!

BOA....you got my business for life

I have officially come to the conclusion that the credit gods have smiled on me once again and this time around I shall show them ultimate respect !!!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Prettylady1
Regular Contributor

Re: BOA just floored me

Congrats!!! I hope to have an awesome prime card one day too!!! Smiley Sad

Starting Score: TU 640, EQ 636, EX 645
Current Score: TU 665, EQ 706, EX ?
Goal Score: All above 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.  I'm sure you were very cordial on the phone.  Part of my job is answering phones and I can tell you, without a doubt, that the tone of the person on the other end has a lot to do with how much I'm willing to do for them.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats.  I'm sure you were very cordial on the phone.  Part of my job is answering phones and I can tell you, without a doubt, that the tone of the person on the other end has a lot to do with how much I'm willing to do for them.

Absolutely. I did phone customer service for 5 years. If you were polite and your request was reasonable, your request was granted. If you were damanding, rude, and demeaning, you had little chance of getting what you were requesting, unless it was fully warranted.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.