Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA just graduated

tag
ottergo4
Contributor

BOA just graduated

Am midway between my 9th and 10th statement on a fully secured $300 card, so I called in this morning to see if they will unsecure. After about two minutes she comes back with a yes and cli of $500 to make cl $800. Was told it wouldn't be a hard inquiry.

Do I dare try the luv button/or call for cli? Or should I just be happy with what I got for now(which I am)?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Re: BOA just graduated

I would wait 6 months before you get another CLI. Just establish a history and pattern with them first, then you will be good.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you try for another CLI so soon, I would assume that you will end up with a hard inquiry.  If you hit the CLI button on the website it will probably give you the form to fill out, which is a hard for BoA.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

congratsSmiley Happy 2 more months for me..
Message 4 of 11
laz98
Senior Contributor

yay for you!  i am definitely getting one of these when we have some extra money next year.
Message 5 of 11
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats.... Smiley Happy Mine became unsecure around July of this year.
Message 6 of 11
tonsers
Frequent Contributor

Congrats - an unsecured BofA card is a great one to have.  Don't hit the luv button yet, it will grow with you... all good things in all good time!  Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 11
ottergo4
Contributor

Thanks to all for your advice. Guess the consensus is to hold off, so will patiently(or perhaps not so patiently) wait a few months and hope it grows.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
If you try for another CLI so soon, I would assume that you will end up with a hard inquiry.  If you hit the CLI button on the website it will probably give you the form to fill out, which is a hard for BoA.

Form isn't a hard, I have done it twice. It says they will contact you if they need to pull a hard.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have a question. I have a secured card with BOA also. I'm going on my 7 month with the card. I had deposited 300 also and got the 300 CL. I see that you got a 500 cli to make your cl to 800. Lets say around the 8 1/2 month i deposit 1000 to my cl to make it a 1300cl. would they carry that over to the unsecured? Would BOA consider that when they set my unsecured cl? or does it even matter how much you deposit, you will only get a few hundred cl?
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.