Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA love

tag
CreditJunkie
Valued Member

BOA love

Logged into online banking today and saw that I have way more available credit than I should have. Called BOA to confirm and they said my credit was atomatically raised from 5500 to 10500.

Funny thing is I have 5000 charged on this card, but I have never been late and PIF at least twice last year. Had the card for about 2 years and never asked for an increase. BOA is awesome!
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA love

I just got a new BoA card and they started me out at $3300.  I hope they are as good to me!
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy moly! A $5,000 cli! Wow! And congrats!
Message 3 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Congrats, Credit Junkie! Pretty hard to beat!

That's the weird thing about BofA. Half the posters talk about how they were rate-jacked, and CLD'd, and flat canceled, and the rest have gotten great CLI's and customer service.

I think a lot of it depends on where the card originally started. The bank now know as Bank of America is glommed together from so many earlier banks --sort of the financial version of Katamari Damacy. DH's AAA card (FIA, now BofA) is fantastic, and I'm planning on getting my own in a couple of months. Easy CLI's, never asked for, great CS on the phone and website, and they've already offered me a 15-month 0% BT, albeit with their infamous 3% BT fee, no cap. But hey, I'll take it!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for You- but don't count on it staying there...

Hi- Glad for your good news- but don't bet too many chips on this hand. I have a 25 year flawess payment history with B of A (and ALL my other creditors), and when I took out a mortgage on my home to pay B of A (and all my others) IN FULL, B of A responded by dropping my credit limit from $9200 to $500 (!) and raising my interest rate to punitive levels. No notice was given- had I gone to make a moderately large purchase (furniture, new TV), I would have been denied, and would have been left standing in the checkout line looking like either a criminal or a fool.
     Food for thought- Vic
Message 5 of 15
score_building
Senior Contributor

me gets 4,000 on one 2,000 on the other Smiley Very Happy me ask 4 cli too quick -after 6 months of carrying high 50% - 80%: Smiley Sadon a zero % offer that i'll pif in the next few months they send new customer calm down letter Robot tongue me now learn to be a bit patient/ savvy and do like you and pif several times next couple years (while i thank my lucky stars if my low rates hold steady or decrease ) how we love boa, let's count the ways!
congrats to you -that's like a text book cc daydream!  v. cool!

Message Edited by score_building on 01-29-2008 06:52 PM

Message Edited by score_building on 01-29-2008 06:55 PM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

ROFL!!
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Score_Building-
     Is there a standard English translation available for this message?- Vic
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vic wrote:
     Dear Score_Building-
     Is there a standard English translation available for this message?- Vic

I think it simply means 'Worship the BOA'

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Builder, that ain't parsley!
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.