Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA online offer

tag
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

BOA online offer

I have a BOA Cash Rewards Visa.......logged in to pay bill and in my offers tab it had an offer for a  Better Balance rewards card where you get $25 a quarter just for ontime payments........is this generally a pre approval.  Had online chat with BOA rep and he really didn't seem to know.   His response was "you can apply online at any time".  When I check for prequal offers on the public website it doesn't show any offers.  Just wondering if anybody else has ran into this

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BOA online offer

BoA offers this as a benefit for the Better Balance Rewards (BBR) card.
Message 2 of 7
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:
BoA offers this as a benefit for the Better Balance Rewards (BBR) card.

So should I apply.......is this one of their better cards?

Message 3 of 7
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

It's up to you. If you want it, sure. It's really not a bad card as long as you let a balance post and pay at least the minimum payment each month. Easy $25 per quarter.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a great card. It's basically a free $100 per year as long as you are responsible with the payments. The card is very underrated and is definitely on my wish list.

Message 5 of 7
JoshuaHolySpirit
Frequent Contributor

Depends on your credit.  My mom had the same ''internal offer'' not on prequal'.

If there is a link you can click on that brings you to the app page, chances are you're prequal'd but approval is another hurdle.

All the best.

BOA always does HP for everything, so be sure, you can take a hit.

Capital One QS1, Capital One Journey, Williams-Sonoma Visa, Amex Travelocity, Chase Slate, Amex SPG, Amex Blue Sky, Bank of America Travel Rewards, JCPenney...and more ( Holy Spirit rocks-!! ) TU-Fico-777
Message 6 of 7
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

@JoshuaHolySpirit wrote:

Depends on your credit.  My mom had the same ''internal offer'' not on prequal'.

If there is a link you can click on that brings you to the app page, chances are you're prequal'd but approval is another hurdle.

All the best.

BOA always does HP for everything, so be sure, you can take a hit.

Think I'll pass on this one.....just got a nice CLI from BOA a couple of mos ago...........don't need any AA from someone else because of "too much credit"......Scores look good for me with no baddies in > 3 yrs.  FICOs TU 748, EX 746, EQ 724 as of yesterday.......good enough for most

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.