Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA or Citibank?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA or Citibank?

Need one more card, planning on apping in december when util goes down.  Prefer Efax, don't mind TU if last baddie drops off. Assuming it does, both will be totally clean mid to high 700s.  Highest line is $10k (Partners First) and $10k (Amex, not reporting yet).   Which would you go for if your goal is line?
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: BOA or Citibank?

BofA will almost certainly give you more over the course of the next 2 years without a doubt. In my mind it's not even close.
Message 2 of 18
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

If you're looking for an optimal CL, go BOA. If it's optimal rewards you're after, go Citi.
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I'll probably do BOA but wait a few weeks. I app'd in September and was declined but offerred Secured.  I didn't take it.

Since then I had the Cap1 CO fall of my report and there is a chance the Bally's will fall off as well. If Amex reports the new card and with the old date I'll have the addition of an 'aged' card and a second $10k Limit and lower utilization as I'm paying off everything in December.

So the plan is to re-apply with them in December, hope for approval and a limit at least matching high cards ($10k) and then use it each month and PIF and see if I can get it up to $25k ASAP.

I'll report back.

Message 4 of 18
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

Both are very good. I've had both cards for around 1 year now. BoA initially pulled both EX and EQ, then pulled TU when I activated the card and asked for a CLI (which they denied). Started at $3,500, 30 days later asked for an increase to $10,000 and got it. Since then, I've received a few more increases upon request and now my limit is $19,000. (All pulls have been soft.)

Citi has been just about as good to me. They pulled EQ when my score was 690 and gave me a limit of $8,500. Since then I've asked for 3 or 4 CLI's and gotten them all (all soft pulls). Limit is now $15,900.

Both cards are very good and will grow with you. I'd just adjust my expectations a little now due to the credit crunch, but it still looks like they're both in the game and somehow find money to offer to good customers with good credit scores...

Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ficonovice wrote:

Both are very good. I've had both cards for around 1 year now. BoA initially pulled both EX and EQ, then pulled TU when I activated the card and asked for a CLI (which they denied). Started at $3,500, 30 days later asked for an increase to $10,000 and got it. Since then, I've received a few more increases upon request and now my limit is $19,000. (All pulls have been soft.)

Citi has been just about as good to me. They pulled EQ when my score was 690 and gave me a limit of $8,500. Since then I've asked for 3 or 4 CLI's and gotten them all (all soft pulls). Limit is now $15,900.

Both cards are very good and will grow with you. I'd just adjust my expectations a little now due to the credit crunch, but it still looks like they're both in the game and somehow find money to offer to good customers with good credit scores...

Hmmm, food for thought. If Citi pulls Efax I'd be in much better shape, that is totally clean, standing at 743 and probably going to get 30-50 point bump in the next few weeks (balances down, add'l 'aged' Amex)

Message 6 of 18
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Citi is very erratic with who they pull. YMMV.
Here we go again...
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi pulled Experian two weeks ago when I applied.
Message Edited by Flo on 11-26-2008 06:52 AM
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA told me the report they pull is totally random. Also, CLI's only require a soft pull.
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

App'd for both of these about a month ago.  Both pulled EX only, BoA gave me $12,000 CL, Citi $7500.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.