Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA or Citibank?

tag
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA or Citibank?

If the goal is line, I go with a CU. Most CU's pull EQ exclusively. With a 737 EQ, you're good for 20k, at least.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 11 of 18
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@cobra19 wrote:

If the goal is line, I go with a CU. Most CU's pull EQ exclusively. With a 737 EQ, you're good for 20k, at least. 

And if you do go CU, a lot of people like both PenFed and NFCU. 

Here we go again...
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

@cobra19 wrote:

And if you do go CU, a lot of people like both PenFed and NFCU. 

Only two problems with them as I remember 1) I don't qualify 2) They require W2s/Taxes and I am just now back to work and self-employed.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

One thing I am thinking of is I should have my dad's 20 year old corp reinstated and transferred to me by mid December.  I should probably put myself on salary, even if I put back into the company.  That way I can not have to put 'Self Employed'  on these apps.  That should help alot.

PenFed and NFCU seem to give great lines, I might even apply for their Business Lines when corp is up, I'm on salary, since my Efax by then should be closing in on 800.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well here's a nod toward BOA; they just sent me an invitation to apply for the BOA Platinum Plus.  I think I'll wait for the Professional Collections to fall off (God help them if they verify the 5/02 DOFD they reported given they sent me their own docs showing very latest DOFD was 1/02) TU and at least one of the new 'old' Amex's to report and my balances to get down to 1% and such.

Then hoping they'll approve and match me for at least the $10k Partners First and Amex Delta did.

**bleep**, a year ago this time I couldn't have gotten a secured card if I tried...

Update: I did the online pre-screen at BOA they said;

BOA Amex Card ($4k)

Financial Rewards Visa ($4k)

Mastercard Platinum Plus Card ($4k)

Surpirsed at the low lines but I guess it is pre-approval.  I'll give it a month to get things optimized and I think re-apply.

Message Edited by nyccc2 on 11-26-2008 04:40 PM
Message Edited by nyccc2 on 11-26-2008 04:47 PM
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cobra19 wrote:

Wha..? I have a CU card that is at 4k. My highest limit is with chase.

What income do you base that on?

Message 16 of 18
notmyname
Regular Contributor

With BOA if you start at four thousand , you can double that in six months. They are the most generous but you do have to be vigilant with them about interest if that matters to you.

Good luck,

NMN

@Anonymous wrote:

Update: I did the online pre-screen at BOA they said;

BOA Amex Card ($4k)

Financial Rewards Visa ($4k)

Mastercard Platinum Plus Card ($4k)

Surpirsed at the low lines but I guess it is pre-approval.  I'll give it a month to get things optimized and I think re-apply.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have and use B of A for banking but I have read so many horror stories online lately about them jacking up interest rates lately even on good customersAND cutting credit limit (http://creditcardforum.com/general-credit-card-talk/314-b-reduced-my-credit-limit.html)

But then there are people saying the same thing about Citi credit cards too (http://creditcardforum.com/general-credit-card-talk/325-citigroup-raising-rates.html)

I think these banks are doing that because their cards are their only profit center left so they are trying to do it to make up for their other areas like mortgages which aren't doing good. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.