Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA product change to cash rewards

tag
fritscher
Regular Contributor

BOA product change to cash rewards

I just recently did product change from basic BOA to cash rewards. I found out today that when doing product change dont get the special offer that is spend 500 and get 150 back..i hope everything else isvthe same
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BOA product change to cash rewards

Correct, a PC would render the product ineligible for the SUB.  But, at least the PC was doable and no new account ding.

Message 2 of 8
zerofire
Valued Contributor

To get a SUB you must submit a new application and get approved. Since you did a product change the application is the same one as the one you filled out for the Bank of America Bankamericard. This is why people generally apply for cards that have the first year fee waved cards instead of PCing to them as then they get hit with the annual fee right off the bat.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 3 of 8
fritscher
Regular Contributor

But even though I dont get the SUB,i still get the other perks?
Message 4 of 8
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@fritscher wrote:
But even though I dont get the SUB,i still get the other perks?

As in 3% cashback and so on, yes. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 8
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Even without the SUB, you made a good decision and that is a substantial upgrade. Now you’ll be earning good rewards.
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 8
fritscher
Regular Contributor

Thank you all for your feedback
Message 7 of 8
kdm31091
Super Contributor

You do not get the sign up bonus, but you get the normal rewards that come with the Cash Rewards product. Overall, it's an upgrade! You just aren't eligible for the new account opening offer, which makes sense since you are not opening a new account.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.