cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA secured early graduation-whats the magic trick?

tag
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

BOA secured early graduation-whats the magic trick?

My 9th statement just cut no early gradiation yet.... I have slowed down my usage on my card cause the credit line is so small after a tank of gas its 1/4 used up lol. How did everyone else do theres? I dont want the hp but im sick of waiting. Everytime I call they tell me its all done by a computer unless i request a hp. Oh and to anyone that is thinking of getting this card deposit AS MUCH AS YOU CAN!! Dont be stupid like me. I had the money but just felt weird about giving it to them at the time and now its gonna make my cl much lower when it does graduate. 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BOA secured early graduation-whats the magic trick?

There is no magic trick. I would use it as much as possible and I mean make multiple charge/payoff cycles in a month and when stmt cut rolls around be sure it is at 0 or no greater than 9% of its CL. Good luck ?)

Message 2 of 5
newUser0
Established Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:

My 9th statement just cut no early gradiation yet.... I have slowed down my usage on my card cause the credit line is so small after a tank of gas its 1/4 used up lol. How did everyone else do theres? I dont want the hp but im sick of waiting. Everytime I call they tell me its all done by a computer unless i request a hp. Oh and to anyone that is thinking of getting this card deposit AS MUCH AS YOU CAN!! Dont be stupid like me. I had the money but just felt weird about giving it to them at the time and now its gonna make my cl much lower when it does graduate. 

I never ever cared about usage or util. for my secured card. How it worked for me is, they sent me a letter, after my 12th Statement I guess, and a check for my amount.

Also, I had like $398 Bal/$400 CL when they graduated me. But I had a perfect payment history with them.

Message 3 of 5
NoNonsense
Established Member

From the multiple things I have read, if you have been treating the card properly you can request to graduate early and be successful rather easily.  However, it is a HP AND the CLI is substantially inferior to the one you can obtain if you don't rush things.  I don't want either of those things so I am just going to wait.

Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

You just have to ask to have it graduated and they will do hp and review.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.