Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOFA AF permantly removed success!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

BOFA AF permantly removed success!

Ok, once my card "graduated", I tried a few times various ways to get the AF that was once associated with my secured card removed, but never successful......until now.  I did go thru EO for it, which is apparently how you have to do it if you had the secured card first.  Below is my timeline for having the card. 

1/19/16.....applied for the Cash Rewards Visa Siggy, declined, but immediately offered the same card (plat version), 99/500 offer...accepted offer.

6/20/16.....called into UW, got card unsecured and a CLI to $1.5k

8/30/16.....contacted EO about getting AF permantly removed, said I was eligible. Told me that the whole process would be done no later than 9/7/16,     and that I was also eligible to have the AF I already paid this year refunded. Said, I should get the refund and confirmation letter about a week after completion. 

9/7/16.......(checked my acct daily for the changes), today I finally see the $39 AF gone from my acct. 

I will post a pic of the confirmation letter once I get it as well. 

image.jpg

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Re: BOFA AF permantly removed success!

Congratulations pizza!  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 13
stellar
Established Contributor

I had the  BOA fully secured card and I believe they removed the fee automatically when I switched to 321 rewards card (after I graduated).  From what I read, some ppl had trouble getting fee removed, some had it done automatically.

Message 3 of 13
ddemari
Super Contributor

woohoo! im glad they finally got back to you. im surprised the first email address i gave you for the CEO was a wash and they never got back to you. But glad that other list of numbers worked! 

Message 4 of 13
wmweeza
Established Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

Ok, once my card "graduated", I tried a few times various ways to get the AF that was once associated with my secured card removed, but never successful......until now.  I did go thru EO for it, which is apparently how you have to do it if you had the secured card first.  Below is my timeline for having the card. 

1/19/16.....applied for the Cash Rewards Visa Siggy, declined, but immediately offered the same card (plat version), 99/500 offer...accepted offer.

6/20/16.....called into UW, got card unsecured and a CLI to $1.5k

8/30/16.....contacted EO about getting AF permantly removed, said I was eligible. Told me that the whole process would be done no later than 9/7/16,     and that I was also eligible to have the AF I already paid this year refunded. Said, I should get the refund and confirmation letter about a week after completion. 

9/7/16.......(checked my acct daily for the changes), today I finally see the $39 AF gone from my acct. 

I will post a pic of the confirmation letter once I get it as well. 

Only if you want to request it. I started out with that same secured card, it unsecured, got my deposit back, and they removed my AF all automatically. I requested nothing.

(okay, not true, I requested my last CL increase, before that they are all auto CLI's).

My SL was $500. It's a YMMV thing but for me it all happened within the first 2 years. Also I only charged around $20-50 a month so it wasn't high utilization or anything like that.

Congrats! AF usually aren't a big amount so it's not a financial burden but it sure feels good to have it go away! Good job!

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You certainly stay busy Pizza. Congrats on your success.
Message 6 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Always forging ahead... great job Pizza!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! THIS is the perfect example of why this secured card from BofA is a winner in my book, despite the hate some have for them as a bank. 

Message 8 of 13
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
You certainly stay busy Pizza. Congrats on your success.

LOL...I have to keep busy somehow...Im in the garden! Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 13
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

Always forging ahead... great job Pizza!  Smiley Very Happy

LOL..FULL STEAM AHEAD!!!!  Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.