cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOO HOO Salute Visa closed my account :(!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOO HOO Salute Visa closed my account :(!

anyone who is having major problems with this (sorry to hear about this bank, I never had heard of them before) and wants/needs an easy SECURED card try NMB (new millenium bank) I've had mine for a year and no problems whatsoever. Just my 3 cents lol Smiley Happy

Free online billpay w/ them, easy to apply (no hard inquiry and they never turn you down), preety low annual fee and "app fee" ($30) , they calculate their interest on a daily basis (ew..) and 0 days "Grace Period" Smiley Sad   but oh well that teaches us to pay balances down ASAP. They also report to all 3 c.u's as a regular (unsecured) credit card. Good luck all, best,

- S 

Message 31 of 44
Ryan2151
Valued Member

I finally received a check from Salute, it was in the amount that my account was positive, not for the prorated yearly account maintenance fee. Doubt that's in the mail.

Message 32 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an open account with Salute less than a year old, though after seeing this site I'm not sure for how long. I no longer PIF as my Tribute card was cancelled in its second year, right after I was charged the annual fee-which I still haven't gotten a refund on.

I'm constantly getting credit card offers in my e-mail, guess I should be looking at them more carefully if

cards are being cancelled.

Message 33 of 44
Ariel
Valued Member

They closed mine today.  Oh well, no big deal. I just paid off ALL of my credit cards, so their loss!

Message 34 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Salute closed my acct in Dec and I wasn't even notified until I called tonight to see why I didn't have any credit. This is how I've been rebuilding my credit and they say it was because I went over the limit by $20.00.I have never been late on a pymt and actually paid over my required amount.The thing that I want you all to know is that I called and raised the roof because of the fact that I have had the card for 8 months and paid $150.00 annual fee. Therefore I made them refund the fee  for the rest of the year,which was $65.00.That was better than nothing so if your acct was closed out before the end of your year, you need to get credit baby!!!!!! Good luck to you all! Also,I applied for an Orchard card and was approved for a $300.00 limit w/o the $150.00 fee.All you have to do is send them $49.00 activation fee and your in.
Message 35 of 44
oracles
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Salute closed my acct in Dec and I wasn't even notified until I called tonight to see why I didn't have any credit. This is how I've been rebuilding my credit and they say it was because I went over the limit by $20.00.I have never been late on a pymt and actually paid over my required amount.The thing that I want you all to know is that I called and raised the roof because of the fact that I have had the card for 8 months and paid $150.00 annual fee. Therefore I made them refund the fee  for the rest of the year,which was $65.00.That was better than nothing so if your acct was closed out before the end of your year, you need to get credit baby!!!!!! Good luck to you all! Also,I applied for an Orchard card and was approved for a $300.00 limit w/o the $150.00 fee.All you have to do is send them $49.00 activation fee and your in.

Very nice, congrats and treat your new credit well

Message 36 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

The same thing that happened to Angela74 happened to me. In December I called to make a payment and changed my billing date. So this month rolls around and I call to make a payment and before making my payment I was notified that my account was closed permantently! For why you might ask A. for not making an on time payment ( remeber that date change) and B. I had gone over my limit. I did go over my limit after the late payment for January was applied! I called them and spoke with a lady named Natalie in the US and she reinstated mt account and waived the late fee. So I went a head and made then payment. Then tonight 2-1-09 I logged into my account to find I do not have available balance? They claim that ALL Salute Visa's are being closed? Has anyone else had this happen to them? If so lets take this company to EVERY News station that will listen to us about these robbers!
Message 37 of 44
oracles
Valued Contributor

Hi Jockey, i think if you do some research on here, you will see many people who have experience the same treatment. I think they have closed this card and you are not the only person.

Dont worry about it, they are going under and you are still holding your head high.

Message 38 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

In addition to having my account closed w/o a clear reason as to why. I recently discovered that the account has been reported to Experian as "Closed by customer", which is not true. From what I understand about credit scoring, that statement has a negative affect, right?

Message 39 of 44
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

qtee30 wrote:

In addition to having my account closed w/o a clear reason as to why. I recently discovered that the account has been reported to Experian as "Closed by customer", which is not true. From what I understand about credit scoring, that statement has a negative affect, right?

Jefferson Capital and gang are in some serious hot water. All associated credit accounts are slowly being shut down including cards like Emblem, Salute, I think Aspire, etc. It wasn't anything you did wrong.

No, "closed by customer" is not bad at all. It is a good thing. It would affect you if it said "settled" or "charged-off", for example.

Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.