Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOOM!!! -29pt on FAKO EX

tag
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

BOOM!!! -29pt on FAKO EX

So earlier this week, i posted a thread on being responsible when applying for credit, with only applying when you need it and will actually use it. So my three shopping cart trick accts just posted on my EX report. the Jcrew and Express are "closed, never late" and the VS is open, and in good standing. with that being said, I took a 29 pt drop on EX PLUS. I know it's FAKO. I knew I was going to take a hit. I'll just garden for the next 6+ months, and go from there.

Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: BOOM!!! -29pt on FAKO EX

it's always like this whenever new accounts are opened.

give it about 3-12 months, and the score will be back to what it was before.

By the way, you can try calling that creditor and see if they're willing to delete it from your CR. Sometimes if you're lucky they might just be willing to do it.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 9
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Just stay clean for the next 6 months and everything will begin to come back together. Set new goals for 2014!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 3 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@CreditJunkie917 wrote:

So earlier this week, i posted a thread on being responsible when applying for credit, with only applying when you need it and will actually use it. So my three shopping cart trick accts just posted on my EX report. the Jcrew and Express are "closed, never late" and the VS is open, and in good standing. with that being said, I took a 29 pt drop on EX PLUS. I know it's FAKO. I knew I was going to take a hit. I'll just garden for the next 6+ months, and go from there.

If it a FAKO score there is no need to take it seriously at all. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 9
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

I have no worries about getting to where I want to be! I've already exceeding my expectations for 2013 and have worked hard to put myself in the position to accomplish my goals for 2013. 2014 is going to be a monster!! Have already begun brainstorming!!!

Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 5 of 9
parakleet
Valued Contributor

I wouldn't sweat it too much. I opened five new TLs in April and the last one finally reported today - I had a net drop in my EQ fico score of 3 points. During the 6 weeks, it was a roller coaster on SW but now things have settled. Yours will too. 

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 6 of 9
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

Which is wierd because I just got a SW alert yesterday and it said there weren't any updates. I wonder if it has hit my EQ report yet. I went an bought a single score with TU earlier in the week, and saw a boost. I won't know what the score is again until i get the update in july.

Message 7 of 9
RSCo
Established Contributor

@CreditJunkie917 wrote:

I have NEVER EVER been able to get those tricks to work for me.. I've tried all those sites many multiple times, nota.. zip...  

Well good luck to ya.. Seems like you're headed in the right direction..  Smiley Wink

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 8 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

You will recover with time just stick with your plan and all will be fine really

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.