Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP CC into Visa (?)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BP CC into Visa (?)

So, I was approved for BP CC, not Visa though, what's your experience with upgrading it to Visa? I know it's by invitation only, but perhaps heavy usage would help? Your experiences with this card is appreciatedSmiley Happy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: BP CC into Visa (?)

@Anonymous wrote:

So, I was approved for BP CC, not Visa though, what's your experience with upgrading it to Visa? I know it's by invitation only, but perhaps heavy usage would help? Your experiences with this card is appreciatedSmiley Happy

1. Heavy usage, PIF every month (currently in this process with my Chevron card right now).

2. TU score over 680 for an upgrade to VISA/MC versions (TU score over 700 for more likely chances of outright VISA/MC approvals).

3. Some people have reported that if you're going to be offered the upgrade, it's usually within a year of opening the account.

4. Keep requesting your Credit Solutions CLI's, as it can affect the credit limit you receive when the card is upgraded. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BP CC into Visa (?)

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

1. Heavy usage, PIF every month (currently in this process with my Chevron card right now).

2. TU score over 680 for an upgrade to VISA/MC versions (TU score over 700 for more likely chances of outright VISA/MC approvals).

3. Some people have reported that if you're going to be offered the upgrade, it's usually within a year of opening the account.

4. Keep requesting your Credit Solutions CLI's, as it can affect the credit limit you receive when the card is upgraded. 

What a great answer! Thank you !

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.