cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP Visa Changes Effective 10-1-19

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

BP Visa Changes Effective 10-1-19

Hey.

I got this card about one month ago because the 90 day bonus is 25 cents per gallon for every $100 spent on anything for the first 90 days.

Also, even though I am retired, I use BP right down the street when I do fill up (maybe once a month). Also, my grocery store has program with BP that pays one point for every dollar spent in grocery for 1 point at BP (100 points= 10 cents per gallon). It can be combined with BP Visa bonus, supposedly.

Should I get rid of this card after 90 day bonus, or feed it with a tank of gas once a month to keep it active? CL is $6000.

I have other cards AMEX BCP, Chase Freedom (in sock drawer), Citi DC, all with high limits, so I really don't need the BP Visa, yet I now have it. 

FYI: BP reward program changes 10-1-19 to 10 cents off per gallon at pump at BP,  3% groceries, and 1% all else.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Re: BP Visa Changes Effective 10-1-19

At the regular rebate of 10c a gal it returns 5% at 2 a gal; 3.3% at 3 a gal and 2.5% at 4 a gal before any other enhancers. If you have a card that can do better than this then I would say get rid of it.

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 2 of 3
Super Contributor

Re: BP Visa Changes Effective 10-1-19

@gdale6 wrote:

At the regular rebate of 10c a gal it returns 5% at 2 a gal; 3.3% at 3 a gal and 2.5% at 4 a gal before any other enhancers. If you have a card that can do better than this then I would say get rid of it.

This exactly, the rewards rate isn't really anything special plus there's nothing to say BP is the best deal to begin with. I would just close the card.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.