Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Between citi and amex???

tag
Twister24
New Contributor

BT Between citi and amex???

Ok here is my question.....i,ve two acc... Citi simplicity and amex prg cards . I,m thinking to do all my spendings on the prg card and cover the bl from my citi card . On citi i have 18 mo %0 bt and 18 mo %0 APR . The reason i,m asking is i wanna do some activiti on a Both acc . I can move around 10-15 k a mo... And will pay citi acc in full every mo . IS This good idea or not ??? I,m new in credit .....and any adv...will be Appreciate it Smiley Happy))
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Twister24
New Contributor

Re: BT Between citi and amex???

Message 2 of 5
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

The two primary problems I see is that you can not ensure when the balance transfer to Citi will actually take place and this may mean that your AMEX is not paid in full by the due date and also if there is a balance transfer fee with Citi then even at the 0% interest rate you are still paying something more than what you would have anyway.

I guess I'm not really sure what you are hoping to accomplish with your plan. It seems as if you are making things unnecessarily complicated maybe in the quest for rewards points with AMEX?

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 5
Twister24
New Contributor

Thx for reaplaying to my postSmiley Happy Yes that i was thinkinkg to ask how long is Gonna take bt process between those two banks, i dont Wanna miss my Due day on amex . This was supposed to be my second question lol Yes HoldingOntoHope is cuse of points pUrpose .
Message 4 of 5
Twister24
New Contributor

And it,s ok I,m willing to pay fees i don,t mind.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.