cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT From Chase FU to CapOne SAVOR - How Long?

tag
SummerOf17
Regular Contributor

BT From Chase FU to CapOne SAVOR - How Long?

Applied for BT From Chase FU to CapOne SAVOR last Monday morning. Called on Tuesday, the Rep said it was approved. Checked CapOne online on Thursday it said it was still in Pending status. Friday Morning it showed as a complete/posted transaction reflecting the Balance of BT.

At Chase site checked on Saturday and today with no trail of payment being made to Chase. Called Chase and they said they have no records of it.

How long does it usually take?

Thanks.

Reason for the OCD itch is that CFU cuts tomorrow and I want the balance to show $0.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: BT From Chase FU to CapOne SAVOR - How Long?

I can't answer your question, but if the balance isn't reduced in time for tomorrow's statement, I can give you an alternate plan of attack.

Chase reports zero whenever you pay to zero, but I don't know if your scenario will trigger an automatic report update. To be sure, when your balance hits zero, call in and ask them to report. Chase and Discover are among the few banks that'll do this.

Message 2 of 9
SummerOf17
Regular Contributor

Thank, I actually threw an extra $50 at CFU yesterday to make sure that the balance is 0 or below. I know about the rule on hand. The inconvenience part of waiting till they re-report it is driving me nuts, a bit Smiley Wink.

Plus CFU will charge interest on amount owed till the transaction hits after the cut date, grrrrr....

Message 3 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

It could show up any day of course, but I understand the feeling, especially when it is up against a deadline. There is till time today so hopefully you'll look and it will be there soon.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 9
SummerOf17
Regular Contributor

Saved by the Bell! BT payment posted today in early AM with -$165 balance!

I am going to wait till Thursday, should be enough time for Chase to report 0 Balance to 3 CRAs, then move 5K over to CSP, let that report as well. Wait till scores go UP, Request CLI from Disco and App for another high CL Card. Oh the irony of it all....

Overall Util should go down below 9%, should be fun to watch Fico scores for couple of weeks.

Message 5 of 9
SummerOf17
Regular Contributor

Do not Attempt this at home...

Just got an Alert.... Experian.com now reporting $0. FICO 8 went UP 31 POINTS!!! Thinking about moving 5K to CSP now so that I could....

Waiting till TU and EQ catch up....

Message 6 of 9
SummerOf17
Regular Contributor

TU Just updated, UP 26 Points. Both Exp & TU are now above 740!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HeavenOhio wrote:

I can't answer your question, but if the balance isn't reduced in time for tomorrow's statement, I can give you an alternate plan of attack.

Chase reports zero whenever you pay to zero, but I don't know if your scenario will trigger an automatic report update. To be sure, when your balance hits zero, call in and ask them to report. Chase and Discover are among the few banks that'll do this.

That's a nice tid bit of information to know!  Thanks!

Message 8 of 9
SummerOf17
Regular Contributor

So now EX reported BT, score is down 30 points, +1 account(AAoA went down), back to FICO8 711 from 743!

I like QuickCheck much better since it is considered as a 5% Gas Category locally ...

Back to work!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.