Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT offer from FNBO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BT offer from FNBO

I got an email this afternoon offering 6.99 interest until loan paid off with no fee. The offer is for up to $6800 (CL of 8K) and applies to CC balances and loan balances too. I have a loan I could save some points on but wondering how much effect an 85% Util on this card would have? 

Screenshot (7).png

They used to be my main card but I haven't given them much since I paid them off a few months ago. 

Anyone else get this offer, or have experience taking it?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Re: BT offer from FNBO

@Anonymous wrote:

Same offer for me yesterday, and I believe I got an offer last year about the same time.

Have no need for a BT, so no real life experience with FNBO &  BT.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kforce wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Same offer for me yesterday, and I believe I got an offer last year about the same time.

My offer was about 85% of my CL -- yours?

Message 3 of 11
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Kforce wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My offer was about 85% of my CL -- yours?

I deleted it so fast, I really don't remember the amount, but it did have the 6.99%.

Message 4 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Its going to cause some hit to your Fico, I would call them and see if you have a SP CLI waiting. I took one of these for 5.99 in 2016 and as soon as I did it stopped all further offers even for 0% for x amount of months. As soon as its paid off in about 3 more years I will cancel that card.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:
Its going to cause some hit to your Fico, I would call them and see if you have a SP CLI waiting. I took one of these for 5.99 in 2016 and as soon as I did it stopped all further offers even for 0% for x amount of months. As soon as its paid off in about 3 more years I will cancel that card.

Good to know! FNBO used to offer 5.99% as their standard with no BT Fee. Now it is 6.99%. The problem with BTs from where I sit is, you still will pay the current Apr on purchases as the balance isn't paid off every month and FNBO loves 17.99% to 20.99% or higher on the purchases Apr so where is the benefit? At one time I took a BT and then had the purchases at $0 dollars and let the card sit until the BT was paid off to $0 dollars. Today, I don't bother. Smiley Frustrated

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

I got a SP CLI a couple of months ago & I don't remember ever getting BT offers before. O course I kept it maxed for several years so "no room at the inn" for BT.

Nonetheless, it doesn't hurt to ask for another CLI. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The problem with BTs from where I sit is, you still will pay the current Apr on purchases as the balance isn't paid off every month and FNBO loves 17.99% to 20.99% or higher on the purchases Apr so where is the benefit? 

Right. It seems the only way to effect a benefit is to take the BT & then sock drawer the card until it's paid off. Unless I'm missing something?

Message 8 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Good to know! FNBO used to offer 5.99% as their standard with no BT Fee. Now it is 6.99%. The problem with BTs from where I sit is, you still will pay the current Apr on purchases as the balance isn't paid off every month and FNBO loves 17.99% to 20.99% or higher on the purchases Apr so where is the benefit? At one time I took a BT and then had the purchases at $0 dollars and let the card sit until the BT was paid off to $0 dollars. Today, I don't bother. Smiley Frustrated

I have never used that particular account since I got it (Jan 2013) to make any kind of a purchase and have used it only for multi BT offers in the past. It was originally one of their Discovers moved to an Amex when they stopped issuing said type of cards. Purchase APR on it is less than 15% since it was low when it was initially approved. I use my Bucksback Visa at 2% rebate with them for purchases and pay it off every month.

Message 9 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

I got a SP CLI a couple of months ago & I don't remember ever getting BT offers before. O course I kept it maxed for several years so "no room at the inn" for BT.

Nonetheless, it doesn't hurt to ask for another CLI. 

You are eligible to ask for the SP CLI by calling in every 90 days.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.