cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT on my CAP 1 card, now my account is restricted.

tag
boober
Frequent Contributor

BT on my CAP 1 card, now my account is restricted.

Title says it all basically. 

I applied for a BT on my QS card. I've done like maybe 4 of these over the last couple of years or so on my 3 cap 1 cards. Always paid em off NP. Never late. Excellent overall credit. Just shifting around some debt to take advantage of some BT's on my cards.

I've maxed out my cards with Cap before with BT's. But this time for some reason soon after I did a BT, my card says this...

This account is currently restricted. (Ref. No. 10016.8040)

So what gives? This happened 2 days ago.

Thanks. Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Marcos8
Established Contributor

Re: BT on my CAP 1 card, now my account is restricted.

What were the terms of the BT you selected? Was it one with a fee or one with no fee and same as apr? 

Message 2 of 6
srloring13
Regular Contributor

It could be that the Fraud/Security department needs to confirm that you initiated the balance transfer.  Chat with customer service or call to confirm.  

FILED CH7 BK 02/25/13 -- DISCHARGED 06/10/13
Starting Scores 06/10/13 EQ474 EX538 TU503
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call them.  They probably just need to verify you.  Let us know how it goes...

Message 4 of 6
boober
Frequent Contributor

Yup, that's all it was. Just wanted to make sure it was me that initiated the BT.

Thanks guys! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I usually get an e-mail about account restrictions pretty quickly. Because the e-mail contains some sort of explanation, that removes the freak-out factor of logging in and seeing the restricted label on my account.

As the OP experienced, it normally doesn't take much to get the restriction lifted. If there's actual fraud, it becomes more involved as you'll get a new card, reimbursements, etc. But the restriction will still be lifted quickly, and you'll have limited use of the card until its replacement arrives.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.