Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUH-BYE Synchrony, BUH-BYE Verizon

tag
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: BUH-BYE Synchrony, BUH-BYE Verizon

@bigseegar wrote:

Each to his own as they say. Personally I love my SYNC Verizon Visa and don't have any problem at all basically having zero cellphone bill every month by just using the Reward Points or Verizon Dollars as you call them to pay that bill.

I'm glad Verizon and Synchrony both work for you. Everyone has different experiences. As you say To each their own.

Message 11 of 35
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Good Job @blindambition 

giphy.gif

Message 12 of 35
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Working in the industry I like Verizon reliability and really like Verizon Visa card!

However if you can get a cheaper service that works for you then why not! Its easy to move your old number around.

Also T-Mobile is partnering with Starlink, so this could get interesting!

Message 13 of 35
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

Good Job @blindambition 

giphy.gif

Thanks man!! 😊 

Message 14 of 35
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@CYBERSAM wrote:

Working in the industry I like Verizon reliability and really like Verizon Visa card!

However if you can get a cheaper service that works for you then why not! Its easy to move your old number around.

I'm a former Verizon employee, I'll never dispute the reliability, even with a single bar no drops. I'm in a large metro where they aren't keeping up. Not just pricing.

I'm also interested in the T-Mobile and Starlink partnership. That could really improve on the unreliability in rural regions.

Message 15 of 35
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Just chiming in to remind to track billing for a month or two so you are not surprised by any sudden CAs.

Message 16 of 35
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

@CYBERSAM wrote:

I'm a former Verizon employee, I'll never dispute the reliability, even with a single bar no drops. I'm in a large metro where they aren't keeping up. Not just pricing.

I'm also interested in the T-Mobile and Starlink partnership. That could really improve on the unreliability in rural regions.

As a former VZ employee (30+ years) on the enterprise landline side, I moved just on price. T-mobile has this great 55 year + plan, $35 a month including taxes each for 1-4 people.  VZ has nothing that cheap for 1 or 2 lines, and their 55+ plan is only available in FL (and maybe one other state).   Still, no big regrets since the switch, coverage is a little less strong but still very usable.

Message 17 of 35
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Just chiming in to remind to track billing for a month or two so you are not surprised by any sudden CAs.

Thanks @gdale6!! I bookmarked the link where closed accounts are accessed, and put notations on my calendar for Sept and Oct. did that on Tuesday. 😊 

Message 18 of 35
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@blindambition wrote:

@CYBERSAM wrote:

As a former VZ employee (30+ years) on the enterprise landline side, I moved just on price. T-mobile has this great 55 year + plan, $35 a month including taxes each for 1-4 people.  VZ has nothing that cheap for 1 or 2 lines, and their 55+ plan is only available in FL (and maybe one other state).   Still, no big regrets since the switch, coverage is a little less strong but still very usable.

They have a new Welcome plan for $30 a line with multiple lines, but that plan has a whole lot of limitations and stipulations. Won't bash them for that, because the base plans of AT&T and T-Mobile do as well.

Yeah, the VZW senior plan is only offered in FL. I have 5 more years before I'm eligible anyways, but SO only has 2 years before we get a senior plan. 😂 

Message 19 of 35
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

@blindambition  and anyone switching to T-Mobile. They have a tendency of switching your plan and also they will also generate higher bills when their problems can not be fix. By the time they fix the problem, the bill has tripled. Watch your bill. T- Mobile also has a lot of hacking.

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.