Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BYE BYE FIRST PRIEMIER!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BYE BYE FIRST PRIEMIER!!!!

Closed one of my 2 first priemier cards today It Felt So good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BYE BYE FIRST PRIEMIER!!!!

Awsome!  I tell you once I finally got rid of the two cards I had with them it felt like a huge weight off my shoulders. They had to of been the worst cc I ever had to deal with!
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never had any problem with them, I even got a refund for my last monthly service fee promptly after cancelling (and didn't even ask for it).  However, it is certainly nice to be rid of the bottom of the barrel cards and not have to pay those fees anymore. Congrats for movin' on up!
Message 3 of 8
cobra19
Valued Contributor

That's pretty good, max. - congrats. Although FP is a bottom-feeder, they do provide a valuable service to a certain group of folks.

Now - as soon as you can - get rid of the other one.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
However, it is certainly nice to be rid of the bottom of the barrel cards and not have to pay those fees anymore. Congrats for movin' on up!

Seconded.

This morning, I closed my Hooters card.   I am grateful for what the card provided me back when I was rebuilding, but after no CLIs and a high APR, it simply wasn't worth another annual fee.  

I only used it twice in public.   Once at my doctor's office (receptionist looked at it like it was the plague) and at a restaurant/bar (bartender thought it was the coolest thing ever).

Message 5 of 8
keithc
Regular Contributor

i got one too and i am going to get rid of!! i got a cli onit and now i have a c/l of $475-WOW!! but it was a good card for credit rebuild!! EQ is 655-too many cc bal!!
Message 6 of 8
niquieg
New Contributor

Congrats i'm on my way to loosing the dead weight also
Bank of America $5000/ Alliant Credit Union $2000/ Amazon Chase $2000/ Capital One $1600/ First Premier $475
Message 7 of 8
score_building
Senior Contributor

congrats!  it always feels great to 'graduate' to the next level :smileyhappy: and it never seems to hurt to move on from the fee furious cards :smileyhappy:

at the point i needed to build i was unwilling and unable to pay extraneous cc fees.  i ended up with a no fee capital one 400 CL and then from there waited until i qualified for better cards.  the secured to unsecured CU route to re/building is a worthy alternative to FP et al.

good to hear that they are not necessarily doing anything that they haven't made clear in the disclosures.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.