Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BYE!!!!! CAP1

tag
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Re: BYE!!!!! CAP1

@SpeedingWheels wrote:

I'm going to have to start reading up some more about the whole ExO thingie. 

I am considering closing my Cap1 secured card before the AF hits in July but if I could get it PC'd to something better that would be great. 

My one hesitation in closing the acct is the hit to AAoA as it's my oldest acct... but honestly I'm done with cards that have AF's

There is no "hit" to your AAoA when you close a card.  It will remain to affect your AAoA 10 years from closing.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 11 of 12
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

Re: BYE!!!!! CAP1

@SpeedingWheels wrote:

I'm going to have to start reading up some more about the whole ExO thingie. 

I am considering closing my Cap1 secured card before the AF hits in July but if I could get it PC'd to something better that would be great. 

My one hesitation in closing the acct is the hit to AAoA as it's my oldest acct... but honestly I'm done with cards that have AF's

Email the social media team about your concerns.  Social at capital one dot com.  More than likely, like in my case, they'll upgrade/PC you to a non AF card.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.