Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backdate AmEx MSD to foreign one

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Backdate AmEx MSD to foreign one

I called AmEx to change my member since date to an earlier date as on my old UK AmEx. CSR said he has submitted the request and talked to to the team to get working on it. He said if it goes through I will get the new card within a week.

I am not talking about my CR.

Anyone been able to get this to work? I know they backdate when you Global Transfer. I think it would be cool to have a 2009 date compared to the 2015 date. I didn't Global Transfer my UK AmEx to the USA, it was an AU on my dad's.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Backdate AmEx MSD to foreign one

If you say you aren't talking about backdating to the cra's but just changing your member since date on your card and your online profile then yes they will absolutely still do this for you. I work with someone that did this exact thing about 3 months ago
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried twice and they refused to backdate the amex I opened in November to the Canadian amex that was a "transfer" of. At that time it would have given me a US credit history going back to the 90s when in fact I have only had US cards since 2014.

I tried!

I am curious how your friend got this and if his US credit history predates his arrival in the US as a result.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will ask him next time I see him. I saw him with his Amex out and work one day on he was on the phone and I just asked him what was up...I don't think he thought I would be as interested as I was in what he was doing lol. I did mention to him that Amex doesn't backdate anymore and he said he had no idea they did he just like seeing 2004 instead of 2015 on his card.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.