Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backdating AMEX??

tag
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

Backdating AMEX??

I've managed to get my brand new AMEX BCE backdated to reflect "member since" 2008. My question is does it actually report to the credit bureaus with that date (as if the account has been open since 2008)? Is there anyone out there that has successfully accomplished that? Or was that just wasted efforts on my part to backdate? I've heard mixed answers on that....

In my wallet: AMEX BCE $18k | AMEX ED $19.5k | AMEX EDP $10k | AMEX BCEP $10k | HEFCU $10k | Discover it $8.8k | Capital One QS $9k | Chase Freedom $4.5k | Walmart $3,200 | JCrew $2,350 | Chase Slate (AU) $22k.
Now in the garden...
Current FICO Scores: 783 (EX) | 766 (EQ) | 764 (TU)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Backdating AMEX??

Yes.  Reporting is precisely why backdating is discussed so much here.

@Hcontreras wrote:

I've heard mixed answers on that....

Always consider the source, corroborate, validate, etc.  One can always find conflicting information online on any topic.

Message 2 of 6
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

Yes.  Reporting is precisely why backdating is discussed so much here.

@Hcontreras wrote:

I've heard mixed answers on that....

Always consider the source, corroborate, validate, etc.  One can always find conflicting information online on any topic.

We'll I've heard here that it DOES report, but the actual AMEX rep told me that although the member since date will reflect 2008 on my card, it will actually report the "actual age" of the account when it reports (2014). That's why I was looking for someone to confirm (someone that actually has had it done on their report).

In my wallet: AMEX BCE $18k | AMEX ED $19.5k | AMEX EDP $10k | AMEX BCEP $10k | HEFCU $10k | Discover it $8.8k | Capital One QS $9k | Chase Freedom $4.5k | Walmart $3,200 | JCrew $2,350 | Chase Slate (AU) $22k.
Now in the garden...
Current FICO Scores: 783 (EX) | 766 (EQ) | 764 (TU)
Message 3 of 6
ACsteel
Frequent Contributor

You can always pull your FICO from this site and just see, if you do let us know.

Message 4 of 6
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

I had mine changed from 2014 to 1990. On my reports it shows the account was opened in 1990. In the section where it shows the monthly breakdown of payments it only shows since the account was actually opened. 

NFCU NavCheck $15k | NFCU cashRewards $12.5k | NFCU goRewards $12.5k |AMEX SPG $10k | Citi AA WEMC $6.5k | CSP $5k | Wal-Mart MC $4.5k | US Air WMC $3.9k | Amex Everyday $2k | Amex BCE $2k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $800
Current Scores:Equifax 697 (myFICO 4/14), TransUnion 699 (Discover 5/14), Experian 754 (Amex 5/14)
Message 5 of 6
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Yes, you will see the backdate of the new card and the change in your AAoA. 

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.