Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backdating Date is Incorrect

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Backdating Date is Incorrect

@onthemove wrote:

@Anonymous please let us know when you get your card backdated to '81.

I got an e-mail from Amex today thanking me for setting up my online account, blah, blah, blah.... so, I went online just to look at the online account page and -- there it was -- Member Since 1981. Smiley LOL  

I will report back when the dust settles on all our new accounts hitting our CRs and let you know what kind of FICOs we wind up with in the end.  I'm anxious to see how all the new accounts hurt our AAofA (and FICOs), and, if the Amex backdating will help balance everything out. 

Message 21 of 26
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@onthemove wrote:

I got an e-mail from Amex today thanking me for setting up my online account, blah, blah, blah.... so, I went online just to look at the online account page and -- there it was -- Member Since 1981. Smiley LOL  

I will report back when the dust settles on all our new accounts hitting our CRs and let you know what kind of FICOs we wind up with in the end.  I'm anxious to see how all the new accounts hurt our AAofA (and FICOs), and, if the Amex backdating will help balance everything out. 

Wow that's fantastic !!  Congrats on the Über backdating !!  

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 22 of 26
onthemove
Contributor

@discernment Congrats! Im so happy for you! Can't wait until "the dust settles" so you can share the information. To me, its like waiting for Christmas!

Message 23 of 26
BullsEye10
New Contributor

Authorized Users can be backdated to the date they were first made an Authorized User.

In 1989 I was added as an AU to my father's account and had a Gold Card that said Member Since 1989 (not my father's Member Since date which was in the 1970s). This account was closed in 1994.

In 2006, we got the AMEX business card and mine said Member Since 89 (still an AU)

I just app'ed and was approved for the Platinum card, my first as a primary card holder, and the Member Since date says 1989.  Note that I made sure to point this out when I applied by phone.  I now have the account aged to when I was 15 years old, so this my new oldest account at 23 years old!

It can be done

AMEX Platinum - NPSL (Approved for $75,000.00)
AMEX Gold Business - NPSL
Chase Sapphire Preferred ($22,500.00)
Bank of America Cash Rewards ($5,000.00) - Sock Drawer
Discover ($4,500.00) - Sock Drawer
Capital One Venture ($7,500) - Sock Drawer
Message 24 of 26
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@pizzadude wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@onthemove wrote:

+1

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 25 of 26
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@onthemove wrote:

+1

+2 - I was lucky enough to get my accounts back-dated to 1979 when I got my first green card. Like you it took some work but it got done. I had a really old receipt and for me, that is all that it took.

Congrats!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.