Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backdating amex cards

tag
hrdsurfer
New Contributor

Re: Backdating amex cards

Kind of curious, do any of you know if this applies to cards that you were an AU for? I just got my BCE last month, but I have a closed account that shows on my CR from when I was an AU for an AMEX card from 8 years ago. 

Bk7 2019 current: Interior FCU 25K SL, Venture x 15k SL, bread cb 9k, Amazon store card 7k mercury 4.5k, c1 plat. 4k
Message 11 of 63
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 12 of 63
hrdsurfer
New Contributor

cool, thanks!

Bk7 2019 current: Interior FCU 25K SL, Venture x 15k SL, bread cb 9k, Amazon store card 7k mercury 4.5k, c1 plat. 4k
Message 13 of 63
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

I tried to do this when i got my prg last month. I was an au on my aunts amex back in 96 but they couldnt find the record. All i have is my aunts name n last. She has since moved away so ive lost contact. They asked if i has her ssn or my old acct number which ive since discarded. So im stuck w my membership date of this year Smiley Sad

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 14 of 63
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 15 of 63
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

I will lexie! Thanks!

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 16 of 63
hrdsurfer
New Contributor

I just got off the phone, and they had a record of me on a green card back in 2002, but the rep said since the account was closed that they couldn't change my "member since" date. Smiley Sad

Message 17 of 63
bmwatts0386
Established Member

I got my prg and bcp cards both backdated to 2005 today off of a closed account. They are sending me new cards and they already changed it on my online account. You should try them again
Amex Centurion
Chase Sapphire Reserve
Apple Card
Message 18 of 63
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 19 of 63
hrdsurfer
New Contributor

If i get the "we can't do that" again, what do you think they key phrase is to ask politely? 

Message 20 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.