Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backdoor Numbers Question

tag
dcw0405
New Contributor

Backdoor Numbers Question

I tried to post this on the Backdoor Number board but it's locked... So if anyone knows how to move my message there, feel free!

My question is, for those of you who have tried to call the Backdoor numbers and have gotten a credit limit increase, do you know if they pull your credit score?  My fear is, I already have a lot of inquiries in the past two years, I'm worried that if they pull my credit report, it'll hurt my score.  However, if they raise my limit, I would think that would help my score... Double edged sword?  Just wondering!  

Thanks! 

Starting Score (01/31): EQ: 609; TU: 641 EXP: 641
Current Score (09/02): EXP 724; TU: 710; EQ: 700
Goal Score:Over 750, PLEASE!! Smiley Happy

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: Backdoor Numbers Question

It really depends on the bank, some will make a soft inquiry into your CR, and others will insist on a hard pull.  Let us know what banks/cards you are looking for a CLI on and folks here can tell you what they usually do.  You can also ask on the phone before you make the request, but sometimes the CSR won't know the difference between a hard and a soft.

The only way increased limits will help your score is by decreasing your UTIL, so keep that in mind. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.