cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backdoor numbers and recon?

tag

Backdoor numbers and recon?

Hi guys i've been following this awesome forum for weeks now, I've learned so much from all of you;and for that, I thank you!  This is my first post in the community.  Are all of you guys paying members of my fico? I'm not yet but I'm really considering it.  NOW ON TO MY QUESTION! Smiley Happy

I recently applied for the BofA 123 easy rewards visa over the phone after doing their(fake)preapproval link on their website.  It gave me a "priority" code.  I called the telephone number provided on their website. It is an outsourced number to India,by the way! The" guy told me that the priority code was an approval code for the card, and that i was already approved....I was shocked because I applied about eight months ago and was denied. So he goes on to get all of my info and says "oh you will get something in the mail(7-10 noticeSmiley Tongue  )! After telling me I was already approved.

So my question is:

Does anyone know the number to an actual credit analyst at BofA that might be helpful in me getting a fair recon?  Also, What is the best thing to tell these guys(besides the truth,of course...i already plan to do thatSmiley Wink  & do ou guys recommend any CC companies that may not be such well known companies?

Any help is appreciated!!!

Starting: Transunion(620)Experian(625)Equifax(600)
Current: Transunion(632)Experian(635)Equifax(615)
GOALS: Transunion(780)Experian(800)Equifax(775)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
HiLine
Blogger

Re: Backdoor numbers and recon?

Congrats and welcome to the forums!

There is a sticky thread in this forum that gives you a BofA number for recon. Should you make a recon call, show them how passionate you are about the card and how excited you are to be their customer, and tell them you plan to use the card a lot and pay in full most of the time. All the things they love to hear! 

Credit card issuers that are less known include most credit unions. PenFed, DCU, and NFCU tend to be popular on here. Credit unions are great to have a relationship with since they tend to offer very competitive rates for auto loans and mortgages. Some of them have awesome credit cards as well, especially PenFed.

Message 2 of 4

thanks for the help hiline...recon didn't work out but total reward visa from comenity just issued me my first major branded CC!  I also have a VS, Goody's, credit one, a really great amazon.com acct,  and unfortuantly....the dreaded matrix card....all unsecured! ON MY WAY!

Starting: Transunion(620)Experian(625)Equifax(600)
Current: Transunion(632)Experian(635)Equifax(615)
GOALS: Transunion(780)Experian(800)Equifax(775)
Message 3 of 4
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Welcome to myFICO and good luck to you.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.