Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance Transfer Apocalypse

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Balance Transfer Apocalypse

Just checked my Disco cards this morning. Miles for the first time has an offer. 0% for 9 months with 4% fee. 

Regular It has the same offer but also has 4.99% for 15 months with 4% fee. 

Message 41 of 44
tcbofade
Super Contributor

...and no BT offers at all for me or DW.  Smiley Indifferent

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 42 of 44
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

My Barclays Ring hasn't had offers in several months, it still doesn't. They warned me about closing the account for inactivity a bit ago which I sorted out with a couple of purchases. The whole point of the Ring is the low interest and BT offers. Without that, it's kind of just a nice low-APR card. 

My scores are 800 and my util has been under 2% for...IDK several years now. I'm not sure why I wouldn't qualify for a BT. I get the market is wonky but still...other lenders are re-opening these offers and better ones at that. 

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 43 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Sounds like I am starting to become the outlier here.  In the years since opening my Discover card, my offers have never faltered from 0% for 12 months with 3% fee and 4.99% for 15 months with no fee.  I just wish the limit were more in line with what other lenders have granted me.

This was me too since 2013, until covid hit and they went away. Its back now for 0% for 12 months @ 5% transfer fee or  6.99 for 15 months with no fee. no thanks.

Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.